5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer unable to order AZ5 (Rebel 12) package in Arkansas?

RAMDJ

Reaction score
I will follow up with them, but they don't seem to have the package I want.

Maple

Reaction score
If you're still looking, check again, they built a ton of them the last week of November and they're landing at dealers in this area (DC area) and I'd imagine they'll be making their way down there soon enough. Find a dealer that wants to help and put a deposit down, I think half of the ones in my area are already spoken for.

RAMDJ

Reaction score
Yeah, I reached out to three dealers so far. Only heard back from one, and they are trying to sell me something else because it was a "limited edition and has been discontinued"

halla

Reaction score
My dealer has been checking on the AZ5 Rebel 12 package daily. Still unable to order and the factory rep isnt giving him any updates or help. Now that FCA has announced they are going to retool some plants in January, it could be delayed longer. I guess the only good news is, by the time I can order the 12 package, I will get delivery after the salt is off of the roads in Ohio.

RAMDJ

Reaction score
I was able to find one in my area that had almost everything I wanted (lacks the etorque V8) and comes with the RAMBOX which I didn't want. After I did the math on the etorque...it would take me 10 years to make up the cost difference in gas. So not sure if that is even a good option anyways. I did notice that the "19 speaker" description is no longer included on the rebel 12 package. I believe it was on the description previously. Worried if they ever do start production on them again, it won't include that.

rebel 12.png

dannydyn

Reaction score
Anyone heard any updates as to when will make this available for ordering again?

TalibanHater

Reaction score
After I did the math on the etorque...it would take me 10 years to make up the cost difference in gas. So not sure if that is even a good option anyways.

I agree, in most user cases, the gas savings from E-Torque won't be realized for at least 7+years. This is similar to installing Solar on your house, where the savings realized aren't until at least 7-10 years, on average.

With that in mind, did you use the current average gas price in your area and then calculate a modest/conservative increase year over year? For example, you could take your zip codes average gas, and increase that price by, I don't know, 3% each year, for 10 years, and you'd have a conservative estimate of the cost of gas per year for your vehicle. I tried to find a national average of gas prices year by year here (https://www.statista.com/statistics/204740/retail-price-of-gasoline-in-the-united-states-since-1990/).

For me, living in Phoenix, the ETorque wouldn't even work for several months because it doesn't operate in 100+F weather (tested this in August myself). So for my situation with operating temps exceeding ETorques capability, I would probably never realize any gas savings for the life of the truck.

dannydyn

Reaction score
I agree, in most user cases, the gas savings from E-Torque won't be realized for at least 7+years. This is similar to installing Solar on your house, where the savings realized aren't until at least 7-10 years, on average.

With that in mind, did you use the current average gas price in your area and then calculate a modest/conservative increase year over year? For example, you could take your zip codes average gas, and increase that price by, I don't know, 3% each year, for 10 years, and you'd have a conservative estimate of the cost of gas per year for your vehicle. I tried to find a national average of gas prices year by year here (https://www.statista.com/statistics/204740/retail-price-of-gasoline-in-the-united-states-since-1990/).

For me, living in Phoenix, the ETorque wouldn't even work for several months because it doesn't operate in 100+F weather (tested this in August myself). So for my situation with operating temps exceeding ETorques capability, I would probably never realize any gas savings for the life of the truck.

Relied in the wrong thread? ;)

TalibanHater

Reaction score
Relied in the wrong thread? ;)
No, look at the post by RamDJ, post #25.

On the computer, chrome, you can click above the quote, and it'll scroll to the beginning of the quoted post. If you're on mobile, just scroll up and you'll see it.

whsk12

Reaction score
dealer in bullhead city in az had 2 in stock last i checked?

pgers22

Reaction score
working with a local dealer here in NJ and was told last Friday the new Rebel 12 was only coming with the 9 speaker system and the 12" screen. Looks like the HK audio isn't coming. I am going to check back again before I start looking out of state for what ones are sitting on lots currently if that is the option i have.

whsk12

Reaction score
check dealers for AZ5-bought rebel 12 on 1-26-19-only one on the lot!-has the hk stereo!-hemi-4x4-like it so far!

chris0152

Reaction score
I was told the other day Rebel 12 was available for ordering again, for anyone wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread