5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer tonneau cover cost?

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is what I read

Is an example of a dealer markup.
lol you cut half of it... he asked : is this a good deal or is this a dealer markup.. in other words he wants to know if the mopar price is good, never ask for other brands...

if im asking if the price of the laramie is good, i dont want to know.what someone paid for a f150

i read something good today on this forum, and if this make.you feel better here you go...., you're right ;)

edit: at the end this comment was not for you but for the thread... we went from is this a good price for mopar to

get a backcountry, a bak, a retrax...this brand etc... then to someone asking why his limited did not came with a tonneau the to... well you know...

Last edited:

Rump2022

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just bought my 2023 Ram 1500 Limited and loving it. One thing I am missing from my last one is a tonneau cover so the dealers service department called me last night and said for a Mopar hard tri fold cover it would be about $1600 installed. This seemed kinda crazy expensive to me. I know a lot of folks do it themselves but I have no mechanical skills whatsoever. Is this a good price or is this an example of dealer mark up like their other services?
Mine cost me $1200 canadIan installed. Made it part of the deal on the truck.

Sportznut

Reaction score
The Mopar cover is likely made by one of the name brand tonneau cover manufacturers and then Mopar just has their name put on it.

$1600 sounds way too steep.

Don't underestimate your mechanical skills, this is a simple install. YouTube is your friend!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The Mopar cover is likely made by one of the name brand tonneau cover manufacturers and then Mopar just has their name put on it.

$1600 sounds way too steep.

Don't underestimate your mechanical skills, this is a simple install. YouTube is your friend!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The Mopar cover is made by bak industries. No changes done to it.

Users who are viewing this thread