5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Survey Validity?

yaksushi

Reaction score
The other week I got a call from my salesperson about the dealer satisfaction survey, and that he needed all 10s or he would get into trouble. Okay he was good enough that I wasn't going to bury the salesperson. I gave him a 10 on stuff he directly did, explain the features of the truck, was courteous etc. I also rated the other questions accordingly overall appearance of the dealership etc. Today he called me again and asked why I didn't give him all 10s on the entire survey. I explained that I gave him 10s in everything he directly did but rated everything else as I saw it. He said his GM is going to be pissed the survey wasn't all 10s. WTF kind of business owner are you if you don't want true constructive criticism to make your business better... Anyone else experienced anything similar? And from what I'm reading on this forum MANY dealerships could use some constructive criticism to help improve the dismal customer service many of us have experienced.

Waitforit0045

Reaction score
I used to work around the service writers. In my dealer, the survey helped towards the writer's bonuses. The GM may get involved but for the most part it was the service manager that looked over those. But, the only time the writer would reach back out to the customer is if they got lower than an 8 in any area.

I have recently experience a similar issue that you are having at a local dealer. It seems they have made the surveys all about incentives and bonuses rather than actually improving the quality of the entire experience.

I hope that I am wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wsmith

Reaction score
Unfortunately I do not believe they have any bearings on anything but cash. If they truly cared, they would welcome honest feedback in order to improve their dealership. When you have to tell someone that you have to get all 10's or you will get in trouble, that is a big indicator there is a problem. I guess that's kind of the way the world works now. CYA

McRib

Reaction score
Sounds like my dealer!

They had my Ram Promaster in the shop for two months waiting on parts. Never offered a loaner, and I had to point out that the ECU is covered under the Fed Emissions Extended Warranty or I would have been out $1300. I gave them a 6 on the review, he called all pissed off saying I was taking money off the table for him and his family. I was like WTF dude? Go find a cactus and sit on it.
I'm never going back to that dealer again.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, anything less than perfect 10s across the board is essentially a fail. They definitely need to fix that if they want useful, constructive feedback.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I stopped wasting my time filling those out. As mentioned above, there's no point in filling out a feedback form if it's not used to improve their business. It's not just FCA that does this. I saw the same thing with Subaru and Chevy dealerships.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not to sound mean but if you want a 10 then do 11’s worth of work. What the heck we aren't there to breast feed you, we're there to negotiate a deal that works for our lifestyle. It's business until you make it not!!!

U

User_3336

I simply just don't fill them out any longer, period. Not gonna give ya 10's if you didn't deserve, and surely not going to lie about it. Its just all $$$ kickbacks to the dealer.
So, if you just simply delete them, and don't participate............

yaksushi

Reaction score
That would make sense now why the salesperson was so adamant about getting all 10s. Sounds like FCA is headed down the wrong path with customer service.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its been this way for quite some time. I had a dodge 2500 back in 2004 that had a few minor issues. There was a rattle in my drivers door that drove me nuts. Dropped it off at the dealer, they kept it for a week and when i go to pick it up, the GM told me the rattle was due to an envelope in my drivers door pocket. I was pi**ed beyond words. A couple days later, I get a survey in the mail. I filled it out accordingly, and i even notified them that I had already sold the truck due to the experience (which was true), and that I'd never buy another (which apparently was not true, because 15 years later I bought this Limited). That dealer called me to bit** and informed me that they lost their 5 star rating as a result of my survey. I told them good, as I never had the impression that they were 5 stars. Personally, I don't care how much money, or what ratings dealers lose, if your service is sh**, I'm giving you a sh** review.

I spend most days giving people Detroit City tours from a helicopter. I am reviewed on line almost daily. I work very hard to please all of my customers, and am reviewed accordingly. I expect the same level of effort from the companies that want reviews from me. And in the rare instance I get less than a 5 Star review, I reach out to the customer to ask what areas I can improve on for future customers. I don't contact them and complain. Their whole survey model should be revised for providing customer based incentives, and they should never allow/insist that representatives beg for the highest rating possible. These companies are paying for surveys that aren't surveying anything at all when dealers use these practices.

Last edited:

yellowboy

Reaction score
I just completed one for replacement of my SECOND radio/control head. While waiting for it to come in and not hearing anything I had to call the general manager because the service manager did not return any of my 3 phone calls. Still no return call, so I call general manager a second time. Finally a return call from service manager and a week later new radio. Needless to say NO TENS.

Last edited:

Rambunktious

Reaction score
I stopped wasting my time filling those out. As mentioned above, there's no point in filling out a feedback form if it's not used to improve their business. It's not just FCA that does this. I saw the same thing with Subaru and Chevy dealerships.
I tried filling out my survey because I think my salesperson did a good job overall, but when I clicked the "submit" button, the website crashed and didn't save my results. Oh well, too bad. I'm not going to waste more time redoing it if it is only going to crash again. I don't mind letting them know my opinion once, but I'm not going to submit it over and over.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's an old fashioned word for asking someone for a rating that's not deserved. It's called 'dishonesty.'

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 041146 miles.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've found that if I get a call from my dealer asking how my service was and I tell them it was good then I get a servey a few days later. If I give them negative feedaback then they will not send a survey.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've found that if I get a call from my dealer asking how my service was and I tell them it was good then I get a servey a few days later. If I give them negative feedaback then they will not send a survey.
After I submitted a negative survey I once had a Chevy service manager tell me to "not come back."

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 041146 miles.

U

User_3336

I had a CHEVY dealer (sales) to tell me NEVER come back to their dealership after I reported them because of sketchy sales practices. they got a bad dealership survey, BBB complaints, dealer rater bad reviews, bad google reviews, and every other automotive website the dealership was listed on. they also got reported to the dept of revenue and motor vehicle commission for overcharging on a tag "transfer" and pocketing the overage.
They ended up giving me the $490 they overcharged me on my deal. I reported the BBB review as resolved, and I said the other issues had been "resolved" on the other sites, but did not delete the original one.

I've only had ONE instance where I had an issue with a RAM dealer, and that was because they didn't change my oil filter or put the correct oil during an oil change. I simply just deleted the survey, since the owner corrected the issue.

After I submitted a negative survey I once had a Chevy service manager tell me to "not come back."

Regards,
Dusty

Rambunktious

Reaction score
I think there was a reason the original review did not get recorded. Turns out my dealership may not be as great as I had believed them to be. I purchased the 2021 Longhorn with the 10th Anniversary package (paid $1,220 for the package). The Ram website indicates that the 10th Anniversary package comes with the bright metal pedals and the chrome body side molding. After I took the truck home, I realize that the bright metal pedals and the chrome body side molding are missing, so I sent my salesperson a picture and let her know that I wasn't as concerned about the body side molding but I definitely want the bright metal pedals. I kid you not, she texted me yesterday saying "So here is the problem. The pedals aren't listed on the window sticker," and sent me a copy of my window sticker. She even highlighted the part where it says "10th Anniversary Limited Longhorn Edition" and the price of $1,220.

I ordered my truck on July 13th and my guess is that the bright metal pedals and body side molding were added to the 10th Anniversary package after my order was submitted, which is probably why they aren't on my build sheet, but that doesn't mean I didn't pay for them as part of the $1,220. It irritates the h**l out of me when dealers, or any business, does this crap. I am not asking for something for which I did not pay, and I would think any legitimate dealership would want to ensure their customers received everything they paid for. A couple of days ago I received a reminder to submit my survey but I ignored it and sent it to my email trash. I have retrieved that reminder and this time I am going to make sure my review goes through. Also, to help motivate the dealership to do the right thing, I sent a DM to RamCares to see about getting a little support. I hate playing games like this, and whereas before I wasn't concerned about the body side molding, now I am going to demand both the bright metal pedals and the body side molding, plus I am going to force them to repair the defective sidestep sensor that has not worked right since it arrived from the dealership. I have had the truck two weeks and the sensor apparently still has not come in, so the passenger power sidestep only comes down once in a while, and will occasionally get stuck in the down position.

Users who are viewing this thread