5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer spray-in or Line-X?

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Greetings all, I have decided to go the spray-in route. It looks like the dealer cost is roughly the same as the Line X quote I got (around $450.) Would y’all go the dealer route? I have been reading the factory spray in reviews and they have been phenomenal. But is the factory spray-in the same thing as a dealer installed spray-in?
Appreciate the help.

Luxy72462

Reaction score
The dealer usually subs it out to LineX. It’s too much of a hassle for them to do in house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Greetings all, I have decided to go the spray-in route. It looks like the dealer cost is roughly the same as the Line X quote I got (around $450.) Would y’all go the dealer route? I have been reading the factory spray in reviews and they have been phenomenal. But is the factory spray-in the same thing as a dealer installed spray-in?
Appreciate the help.
Warranty from dealer vs Line X??????????

Luxy72462

Reaction score
Seriously?

Yep. My dealer quoted me $800 and told me they send it to linex. I called LineX and they did mine for $475. Dealer still has to make money.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. My dealer quoted me $800 and told me they send it to linex. I called LineX and they did mine for $475. Dealer still has to make money.

Good to know, thx! Looks like Line X gets the nod then..

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the DIY raptor liner for about $160 and looks great. Just another option.

Thx. I did tons of research on drop-ins vs spray-ins and have decided to go the spray in route.. mostly because I like the way it looks and the durability.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
Thx. I did tons of research on drop-ins vs spray-ins and have decided to go the spray in route.. mostly because I like the way it looks and the durability.
Raptor is a spray in.

Attachments

• IMG_3133.jpg
    IMG_3133.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3134.jpg
    IMG_3134.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3138.jpg
    IMG_3138.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3140.jpg
    IMG_3140.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 68

DakotaRam

Reaction score
LINE-X® Warranty
Every LINE-X Spray-On Truck Bedliner comes standard with a Nationwide Lifetime Warranty that’s valid at any of our 400+ LINE-X locations. A LINE-X Spray-On Truck Bedliner is guaranteed not to crack, bubble or flake for as long as you own your truck. So, no matter how tough the daily wear and tear you put your bedliner through, LINE-X has you covered. It is what we call serious protection.

“At LINE-X, we believe in protecting our customers with both our products and our service. When customers buy a LINE-X bedliner, they know it’s fully backed by the LINE-X Corporation and their LINE-X dealer.”

-Kevin Heronimus, LINE-X CEO

LINE-X® is the most technologically advanced spray-on bed liner and protective coatings in the market today.

RJS

Reaction score
LINE-X® Warranty
Every LINE-X Spray-On Truck Bedliner comes standard with a Nationwide Lifetime Warranty that’s valid at any of our 400+ LINE-X locations. A LINE-X Spray-On Truck Bedliner is guaranteed not to crack, bubble or flake for as long as you own your truck. So, no matter how tough the daily wear and tear you put your bedliner through, LINE-X has you covered. It is what we call serious protection.

“At LINE-X, we believe in protecting our customers with both our products and our service. When customers buy a LINE-X bedliner, they know it’s fully backed by the LINE-X Corporation and their LINE-X dealer.”

-Kevin Heronimus, LINE-X CEO

LINE-X® is the most technologically advanced spray-on bed liner and protective coatings in the market today.
Ok, it's warrantied, what do they do if it fails. If they dob on some repair goop not much of a warranty but if they remove the old coating and replace it then it's a good warranty. Not enough info here.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Ok, it's warrantied, what do they do if it fails. If they dob on some repair goop not much of a warranty but if they remove the old coating and replace it then it's a good warranty. Not enough info here.
Call your local line X dealer.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They’re probably not going to remove the entire coating unless it completely failed. More then likely they’ll just repair the failed area. Either way I would go the Line X route save your self from the middle man and deal with them directly. You’ll be happy. I know I was my previous truck was Line X’d and the bed was used heavily from dragging toolboxes, and other heavy items almost daily the coating never let up but if it did at least there was the warranty to fallback on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s all I use. Some dealers use something other then line x. I worked at my local dealership and it wasn’t line x.Can’t remember the company.
A little cheaper but i still went with Line X for the warranty and peace of mine. 7 years in the sun and still look new. Had the polyurethane added to protect.

Users who are viewing this thread