5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer screwed up.....

Amazing93

Reaction score
I picked my truck up today from having the rear window replaced under warranty for the infamous crack. I get home and inspect their work and I find a seatbelt not reinstalled tools under the back seat a connector not attached and trim not tucked back under the rubber weather seal. I went back to the dealer at 430. He says all his techs are gone and that it was a contracted mobile install dude. I knew that but dude this is a big deal. My kids ride back there and how many normal people would have checked that? He says most people would have just gone about there day and never looked. He says well we will call you in the morning and arrange for you to meet with the dude. I'm pretty wound up. I think I'll be speaking with the service manager tomorrow. Anyone know what that electrical connector goes to?

Attachments

• IMG_20220510_172433.jpg
    IMG_20220510_172433.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20220510_172525.jpg
    IMG_20220510_172525.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 177

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That is messed up man, you are right to be angry. This is one of the reasons why I may not replace the window even if it cracks under warranty, that I'll just seal up the crack with silicone and call it a day.

Last edited:

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Next thing you know they will be charging you because they had to have the guy finish his work. I would absolutely be talking to the service manager if not sending an email to the owner of the place. If your kids got hurt and that wasn't done I dont' think they realize the lawsuit would of been hit with.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the sublet glass company screwed up, yes the dealer contracted that job out. I like the "what ifs" it's all hypothetical.

How many times have you looked under your seat at that connecter that goes to nothing?

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
that connecter is not used. I have my back wall paneling off and have the same connecter. It is used for something that the truck doesn't have. Not sure what but it isn't used. as far as tools being in there, are you sure the dealer didn't just release the vehicle to you before it was actually finished? Happens all the time. Advisers think cars are done and release them before the work is actually finished or the car is put back together. Techs spend alot of money on their tools and leaving tools in a car when it is done usually doesn't happen.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So the sublet glass company screwed up, yes the dealer contracted that job out. I like the "what ifs" it's all hypothetical.

How many times have you looked under your seat at that connecter that goes to nothing?
The dealer preps the truck for the glass company by pulling the seats and trim. Glass company only does glass.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I picked my truck up today from having the rear window replaced under warranty for the infamous crack. I get home and inspect their work and I find a seatbelt not reinstalled tools under the back seat a connector not attached and trim not tucked back under the rubber weather seal. I went back to the dealer at 430. He says all his techs are gone and that it was a contracted mobile install dude. I knew that but dude this is a big deal. My kids ride back there and how many normal people would have checked that? He says most people would have just gone about there day and never looked. He says well we will call you in the morning and arrange for you to meet with the dude. I'm pretty wound up. I think I'll be speaking with the service manager tomorrow. Anyone know what that electrical connector goes to?
That connector plugs in to the e-torq. battery.

Dodgeramfan

Reaction score
I recently had a dealer replace a part under warranty. However, in the process they screwed up something else. I returned for the repair and they charged that repair under the warranty (despite it being their mistake). They AGAIN messed something up and again charged the repair under warranty. Instead of eating the second and third repairs, they appear to have billed it to Ram (or however that process works).

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently had a dealer replace a part under warranty. However, in the process they screwed up something else. I returned for the repair and they charged that repair under the warranty (despite it being their mistake). They AGAIN messed something up and again charged the repair under warranty. Instead of eating the second and third repairs, they appear to have billed it to Ram (or however that process works).
That **** happens all the time at the dealer. Dealers don’t give a **** though because the amount of times the manufactures screw over technicians, that makes up for it

Amazing93

Reaction score

that connecter is not used. I have my back wall paneling off and have the same connecter. It is used for something that the truck doesn't have. Not sure what but it isn't used. as far as tools being in there, are you sure the dealer didn't just release the vehicle to you before it was actually finished? Happens all the time. Advisers think cars are done and release them before the work is actually finished or the car is put back together. Techs spend alot of money on their tools and leaving tools in a car when it is done usually doesn't happen.
Yeah the truck was done. The job was contracted out to a mobile glass company. I picked the truck up an hour after the advisor called me. There was no mobile glass company on the premises at 3pm.

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
Had mine done via 3rd party and the interior was left an absolute mess. Footprints all over the liner and seats, pieces of old adhesive left all over the dash and floor, and a scratch on the door panel. I called the dealer and they completely detailed the entire interior and exterior and somehow completely removed the scratch in the door panel. They apparently never even checked the work once it was done and just sent it out the door.

Oddly enough, I was just in there this past weekend vacuuming the truck and noticed they never fully tightened one of the seat frame fasteners. The bolt is backed out like yours is on the seat belt.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had the same exact thing happen to me, 2yrs ago! They didn't install a single bolt in the seat and not even the seatbelts.. just stuffed them in the seat and called it a day. I figured it out when I tried to install my then 6m old son's car seat..

Amazing93

Reaction score
So the saga continues... I checked the build date on my new rear glass and it's 9/2/2020. So I look at the star case for the windows and it says DO NOT USE WINDOWS MANUFACTURED BEFORE 11/26/2020. So I tell the service advisor they used an old part when I went back for the seatbelt fiasco he looks at me like I have 2 heads. I show him my build date then the star case and he looks up the part they used in my truck it ends with AC The correct part now ends with AD. He says well why would Chrysler send me this part. They didn't I knew because he had told me the day I brought my truck in initially he told me they had one in stock ready to go. So parts had an old window stocked that they had never purged. But he was trying to pass the buck to Chrysler. Anyways I get to go through the whole window install process again when they get the correct window in. What a clustercluck. Glad I checked this too!

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The lowest bidder got the job.:censored:
I have a several tools from harbor freight. Ball joint press and pneumatic rivet gun, paid less than $100 for each item, snap On and Mac have the same tools for well over $300. Work exactly the same. Some stuff from Harbor freight works the same if not better then snap on. I’ve been in the business a while and there are a lot of things that I stop buying from Snap On.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
over the years I’ve seen glass companies work. They really don’t care about cleanliness nor cleaning up after themselves. They come install the glass and then leave. Far in few there are good glass companies out there though. Personally I would just take it back let them fix it and then leave. No point to complain to the manager they really don’t care. It sucks. That’s why I’m so hesitant to take my truck to the dealer for anything unless I just desperately have too. I work with some technicians that are sloppy as hell and I don’t understand how they still have a job.

Users who are viewing this thread