5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dealer recommendations - metro DC

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Hello all, seeking the suggestions of any fellow Washingtonians on the boards here for dealer recommendations? I'm in suburban Maryland but willing to travel the DMV area for a good, no BS dealership/salesperson willing to make a deal. There are a ton of options in this area so help narrowing down is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Tundralag

Reaction score
If I were in your shoes, I would go to cars.com put in the specs of the vehicle you are looking for and a search parameter of say 150 miles of your zip code.
Find the best truck/lowest price.. start calling them internet sales managers up and play lets make a deal... Any good dealer will be able to close a deal out without you ever coming into the dealership.. to include trade in's ... once the deal is done then drive in pick it up and drive out.. you miss all the BS dealer tactics.. come on in and get a better deal.. Well just stop by and we can work something out.. Oh that truck sorry it just sold before you got here..

No need for any of that headache bs they put on..

cipherbreak

Reaction score
The most I’ve seen dealers offering
If I were in your shoes, I would go to cars.com put in the specs of the vehicle you are looking for and a search parameter of say 150 miles of your zip code.
Find the best truck/lowest price.. start calling them internet sales managers up and play lets make a deal... Any good dealer will be able to close a deal out without you ever coming into the dealership.. to include trade in's ... once the deal is done then drive in pick it up and drive out.. you miss all the BS dealer tactics.. come on in and get a better deal.. Well just stop by and we can work something out.. Oh that truck sorry it just sold before you got here..

No need for any of that headache bs they put on..

Completely agree. I found a few units of the exact truck I wanted using cars.com and called the dealerships and negotiated. I got two equal offers from two dealerships and ended up driving 450 miles to get the truck I wanted from a dealership that didn’t play bs games. Got my truck in June for 28% off sticker. Everything was set in advance. They knew I was bringing my own financing and was not interested in any additional packages or anything other than the truck exactly as agreed.

natsb

Reaction score
Hello all, seeking the suggestions of any fellow Washingtonians on the boards here for dealer recommendations? I'm in suburban Maryland but willing to travel the DMV area for a good, no BS dealership/salesperson willing to make a deal. There are a ton of options in this area so help narrowing down is greatly appreciated, thanks!
I got the best deal in Prince Frederick. Even better than the web price. I visited five dealers from Baltimore down to Calvert County. I think there is a lot to be said for negotiating eye to eye. Then again, maybe there is a lot to be said for walking into the showroom late on the last day of the month.

More importantly, the dealership employees have been absolutely wonderful with every contact after the sale. I went back for mud flaps, window tinting, and a tonneau cover.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I have to give a shout out to Lindsay in Manassas, VA. At the time in June, they had a great selection of trucks. Had to haggle, but they gave me the best price of anyone at 30% for my Laramie Sport. They did try to push the extras like warranty and service plans pretty hard, but a firm no ends all that.

Ramlyfe

Reaction score
Koons Tyson’s is a sponsor on here, they have pretty good pricing.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to give a shout out to Lindsay in Manassas, VA. At the time in June, they had a great selection of trucks. Had to haggle, but they gave me the best price of anyone at 30% for my Laramie Sport. They did try to push the extras like warranty and service plans pretty hard, but a firm no ends all that.
Wow, you did great at Lindsay. I made 3 trips to that dealership trying to make a good deal and they couldn’t make it happen. Lots of haggling, not a good experience and I love to haggle. The 2 trucks I looked at in late April are still on their lot.

Walked out of there on the last day of April and drove to Koons Tyson’s. Walked in and talked to Craig. 20 minutes later I had ordered the exact truck I wanted, better equipped than the Lindsay trucks, for thousands less than what Lindsay would do. Nothing like the deal you got though.

Users who are viewing this thread