5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer recalibration for 275/60/20

Vilas15

Reaction score
Pretty accurate according to both my dash cam and GPS MPH readouts.
AlfaOBD would’ve been great but I don’t have/use any Android products.
Thank you for being the only person to actually respond to my original question!

Choate

Reaction score
Thank you for being the only person to actually respond to my original question!
I’m my post. “Tested MPH via Waze. Dead accurate”. Your speed won’t be off that much with just 33s”. Maybe 4-5 mph at highest speeds and a couple around town. It’s worth it especially if going to AT tires.

drew7777

Reaction score
I called four dealerships (Richmond, VA) and none of them can (or are willing to) recalibrate my speedometer. Should they be able to do this and just need some convincing? Or do I need to go an aftermarket route?

Louhound88

Reaction score
I had mine recalibrated at my dealer. Called before and they told me they can do it for $150. I went to 295/65r20 and my speed is now pretty perfectly matched, and same for my gas mileage.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I called four dealerships (Richmond, VA) and none of them can (or are willing to) recalibrate my speedometer. Should they be able to do this and just need some convincing? Or do I need to go an aftermarket route?
My dealer offered to recalibrate mine for $150, but I was already buying AlfaOBD so I declined.

I think those dealerships are just being lazy. IMO, you're better off doing it yourself. You'll save a few $$ and have the ability to enable other features if you want.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer offered to recalibrate mine for $150, but I was already buying AlfaOBD so I declined.

I think those dealerships are just being lazy. IMO, you're better off doing it yourself. You'll save a few $$ and have the ability to enable other features if you want.
Agreed, this is the route I am going as well.

EJ84

Reaction score
I just put on 275/60/20, i don’t have any android devices what other options do I have to use the alfaobd ? Or would I be better off just going with Jscan

Jr22

Reaction score
Anyone in Norcal have an AlfaOBD thats willing to recalibrate my 20 limited? I went from Oem 22's to 35X12.5R20

Edit: I decided to go the Dealership route but the Local Dodge/Ram Dealers around me are saying that its not even possible! mind blowing. Does anyone In Norcal or even Socal Know of a dealer that is willing to do the calibration?

Last edited:

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just put on 275/60/20, i don’t have any android devices what other options do I have to use the alfaobd ? Or would I be better off just going with Jscan
I'm iOS too, and went with the Jscan.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The reviews on Jscan seem pretty good. You used it to change tire size? Any issues
No issues but it doesn't have all the extras that Aplha does. I changed my tire size to 33".

Users who are viewing this thread