5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Prep and Swirl Marks

chuck01835

Reaction score
Ordered a black truck from Mark Dodge. Aaron gave me a great deal. Anyone have any issues with dealer prep causing swirl marks at Mark Dodge or any other dealer? Should I be concerned?

Thanks, Chuck

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck was detailed and found a scratch on the rear bumper. They fixed it before I left and I again went over the truck paint 2 more times.

U

User_3336

The absolute MAIN reason I state "NO CLEAN UP PLEASE".
Most new trucks aren't that dirty.
I'd rather wash and detail my own truck, especially a black truck!!!

jth877

Reaction score
Mine is also black. Had been on the lot through winter. There were a ton of snow brush marks and swirl scratches from their tunnel wash. I corrected the worst of it. Megs ultimate polish with a green pad will take out 90% with three passes. Will do the sides this spring. "Detailer" is a very generous word for those butchers.

Never had a black vehicle before. Gorgeous when clean.... not so much any time else.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I told my sales man I didn’t want my special order truck going through their crappy car was, he agreed that it scratched new cars, he said he washed it by hand. Then they tell me they wouldn’t put stickers on it like I asked, when I got there of course it had dealer stickers on it! First thing I did when I got home is peeled them off and got the goo off my tail gate! I hate them things!

BoudinBall

Reaction score
I bought from Mark Dodge and specifically told them not to wash it.

U

User_3336

I told my sales man I didn’t want my special order truck going through their crappy car was, he agreed that it scratched new cars, he said he washed it by hand. Then they tell me they wouldn’t put stickers on it like I asked, when I got there of course it had dealer stickers on it! First thing I did when I got home is peeled them off and got the goo off my tail gate! I hate them things!

FIRST thing that comes off. Dealer logo's on the tailgate. Tacky and I ain't advertising for you! LOL

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
My local dealer is about 1/2 mile from my office, I drive by them every day. I will be driving 260 miles to pick up my truck. I am leaving the dealer sticker on just for kicks. But I did have a heart to heart with my SA and the custom shop about swirl marks and my expectations, fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread