5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Performance Tune?

Ram-583

Reaction score
Random question.... I installed the Mopar 5.7 Cold Air Intake as well as adding a B2 Fabrication exhaust and was wondering if my dealer can do a performance flash tune for my Hemi 5.7 with eTorque? Has anyone heard of this or can it be done? I know that with GMC Trucks you can get a tune if you have their OEM exhaust and intake.

Any help or suggestions is much appreciated.

Zebber

Reaction score
Your best bet is an Edge Pulsar. It can be removed before taking the truck in for factory service. I have one on my truck and wouldn't drive without it, advertised a 40 horse gain, I believe there are youtube dyno pulls to prove that .All I know is a huge seat of pants difference. Must run premium fuel when in performance mode though.

LiveWire

Reaction score
Your best bet is an Edge Pulsar. It can be removed before taking the truck in for factory service. I have one on my truck and wouldn't drive without it, advertised a 40 horse gain, I believe there are youtube dyno pulls to prove that .All I know is a huge seat of pants difference. Must run premium fuel when in performance mode though.
I love my pulsar, purchased it to get rid of MDS. But it definitely makes a difference. I purchased the trinity with it also, not sure it was needed. Then the mount made for a 2022 that doesnt work, i had to bend it quite a bit and cracked a little corner off. I need to take it back off and clean up the crack better.

Attachments

• IMG_3251.jpg
    IMG_3251.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 40

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love my pulsar, purchased it to get rid of MDS. But it definitely makes a difference. I purchased the trinity with it also, not sure it was needed. Then the mount made for a 2022 that doesnt work, i had to bend it quite a bit and cracked a little corner off. I need to take it back off and clean up the crack better.
My Pulsar should be getting here soon. I thought about the Trinity as well, but read it is mostly just a display and doesn't add anything. Is that true?

LiveWire

Reaction score
My Pulsar should be getting here soon. I thought about the Trinity as well, but read it is mostly just a display and doesn't add anything. Is that true?
You can change the performance levels, thats all. So its really just eye candy. changing levels via the steering wheel buttons is easy. I didnt know this when I purchased. I just added a pic of the mount. I had to bend it almost a 1" and its that cheap cast aluminum stuff

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can change the performance levels, thats all. So its really just eye candy. changing levels via the steering wheel buttons is easy. I didnt know this when I purchased.
Oh, it must have been your post I read about it then! Thanks. I think I'll just pass on it. One less thing for my wife to say, "Oh, what's that? When did you buy it?"

LiveWire

Reaction score
Oh, it must have been your post I read about it then! Thanks. I think I'll just pass on it. One less thing for my wife to say, "Oh, what's that? When did you buy it?"
also know ive posted, if you change tire size, parking sensors will shutoff.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
also know ive posted, if you change tire size, parking sensors will shutoff.
Well, that doesn't make sense lol. My tires are not much bigger than OEM, so they are only like 1.7mph off at 80mph. Not a big deal to me. Pretty sure I could do it through AlfaOBD without issue anyway.

LiveWire

Reaction score
Well, that doesn't make sense lol. My tires are not much bigger than OEM, so they are only like 1.7mph off at 80mph. Not a big deal to me. Pretty sure I could do it through AlfaOBD without issue any

Someone posted yesterday day changing tires with AlfaOBD disabled park sensors also.

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Well, that doesn't make sense lol. My tires are not much bigger than OEM, so they are only like 1.7mph off at 80mph. Not a big deal to me. Pretty sure I could do it through AlfaOBD without issue anyway.

Someone posted yesterday day changing tires with AlfaOBD disabled park sensors also.
If you follow these instructions, you can change the tire size through AlfaOBD and still retain the parking sensors. The calculated on-the-ground tire circumference for my LT275/65R20’s came out to 2672mm. My speedometer now reads spot on (up to the governor) with GPS, while still retaining full function of front/rear parking sensors. I have read where some have been unable to retain parking sensors when trying to use those instructions to recalibrate for tires larger than 35”s.

LiveWire

Reaction score
If you follow these instructions, you can change the tire size through AlfaOBD and still retain the parking sensors. The calculated on-the-ground tire circumference for my LT275/65R20’s came out to 2672mm. My speedometer now reads spot on (up to the governor) with GPS, while still retaining full function of front/rear parking sensors. I have read where some have been unable to retain parking sensors when trying to use those instructions to recalibrate for tires larger than 35”s.
My tires are 285/65/R20s about 34.5" inches

Users who are viewing this thread