5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer near me offering just shy of 28% off on some Rams.

Cbr954

Reaction score
Laura Buick GMC has a pretty decent reputation on pricing.

They now have a Dodge, Ram, Jeep dealership.

I have never done business with them but I just looked at their pricing and here is an example of a Big Horn with a MSRP of just over $50k that they are selling for $14k below MSRP.

They have similar pricing on other units as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190411-051325.png
    Screenshot_20190411-051325.png
    386.4 KB · Views: 189

TVANVA

Reaction score
We'll give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, but just be aware that some dealer Web sites play the unethical trick of making that low price the sum of all possible incentives and rebates, but where no individual is likely to qualify for most and/or where discounts conflict and CRJ rules forbid qualifying for both. The lack of any details on what this big discount is comprised of makes it suspect.

When you press them on why you can't come close to that price, they just shrug and blame it on the Web site which is always "out of their control".

But on the "glass half full" side, you are visiting this forum, where you can make yourself armed to the teeth with knowledge prior to arm wrestling with any dealer.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We'll give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, but just be aware that some dealer Web sites play the unethical trick of making that low price the sum of all possible incentives and rebates, but where no individual is likely to qualify for most and/or where discounts conflict and CRJ rules forbid qualifying for both. The lack of any details on what this big discount is comprised of makes it suspect.

When you press them on why you can't come close to that price, they just shrug and blame it on the Web site which is always "out of their control".

But on the "glass half full" side, you are visiting this forum, where you can make yourself armed to the teeth with knowledge prior to arm wrestling with any dealer.
What TVANVA said. There is a dealer in my area that advertises prices like that...they are advertised like that to get you in the door. Once you go see them you will realize that you probably only qualify for about half of the incentives.

Howitis

Reaction score
What TVANVA said. There is a dealer in my area that advertises prices like that...they are advertised like that to get you in the door. Once you go see them you will realize that you probably only qualify for about half of the incentives.

In Houston they don't combine all the discounts like that but they add on dealer fees at the end for things like VIN sketching. One dealer i went too added 4000. There goes that large discount.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
Definitely read the fine print and see what incentives they are factoring in.

That being said, my Laramie had a MSRP of $61,300 and the asking price from the dealer before I even set foot in was $49,000. This was the price they were at when I showed up and went through the game, so sometimes it's legitimate.

KcRay

Reaction score
When I bought mine from Joe Machens In Columbia mo, I used Laura prices as a bargaining chip. Got Joe Machens to come down to meet Laura's price. They had the best prices around. I looked and shopped for 4weeks,(I love to research) even with all the dealerships in KC area, I drove 120 miles to get mine.

pinkerton

Reaction score
I have posted this already but Laura offered (in writing via email) the best price of any dealer I searched (and I searched over 200). There are no tricks AND Cory will deal with you via email - this is rare.
Cory Downing
Laura CDJR
7 North Service Road
Sulivan, MO 63080
(573) 468-3178
[email protected]

Cbr954

Reaction score
Laura Buick has had a long running reputation of advertising legit pricing. No bait and switch.

They are a huge volume dealer.

BmoreStew

Reaction score
I'm betting that's with every possible incentive, many of which aren't applicable to most people. Most online prices are set as low as possible with a ton of fine print.

Cbr954

Reaction score
I'm betting that's with every possible incentive, many of which aren't applicable to most people. Most online prices are set as low as possible with a ton of fine print.

Based on their past business practices, you are not correct.

They sell at what they advertise.

Their original location is in Illinois and they can not advertise the way you describe.

BmoreStew

Reaction score

Their original location is in Illinois and they can not advertise the way you describe.

Nice try Laura!!!

Seriously though. I’ve been following the incentives to be sure I get my best deal when my truck arrives. Ram has a ton of incentives on Big Horns right now; right on the homepage it says 12.5k. That’d vary based on location and of course you’d have to finance through Chrysler and whatever else, but those deals are available to any dealer in the area.

I’m positive they’ve got the applicable incentives listed on the Laura website... probably illegal not to. Laura might offer really good prices and be a great dealership, but the price the ad isn’t something any other dealer couldn’t match if given the chance.

pinkerton

Reaction score

It seems that debating accuracy is a waste of time as compared to the interested party simply getting a quote

foghorn17

Reaction score
Interesting. I know from my GM truck experience that Laura is regarded as one of the most economical and ethical places to buy a GMC truck. Highly regarded on the GM truck forums. It's nice to see they now have an FCA dealership, and even though it would be a 7-8 hour drive for me, I'd consider a road trip if the deal was right. I know price wise Dennis Dillon in Caldwell ID and Peterson in Nampa ID are highly regarded as RAM truck price leaders as well. Any other discount dealers out there?

Cbr954

Reaction score
Interesting. I know from my GM truck experience that Laura is regarded as one of the most economical and ethical places to buy a GMC truck. Highly regarded on the GM truck forums. It's nice to see they now have an FCA dealership, and even though it would be a 7-8 hour drive for me, I'd consider a road trip if the deal was right. I know price wise Dennis Dillon in Caldwell ID and Peterson in Nampa ID are highly regarded as RAM truck price leaders as well. Any other discount dealers out there?

Kim at Superior in Arkansas has a great reputation on the JL Wrangler forum as do many others.

Guys over there are getting 5% - 8% below invoice on ordered JL Wranglers.

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
I've bought several wranglers and rams from Kim. Highly recommend.

Kim at Superior in Arkansas has a great reputation on the JL Wrangler forum as do many others.

Guys over there are getting 5% - 8% below invoice on ordered JL Wranglers.

Jewseejay

Reaction score
I just purcased my Bighorn on the last day of April. 51,035 MSRP
39,095 Sale Price all in (taxes, tags, fees)

Really happy with it. I was originally lookin at a lesser equipped truck for the same money but my penny pinching and negotiating skills shown thru. Need sidesteps and a bed cover ASAP

Attachments

• 20190430_190701.jpg
    20190430_190701.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread