5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Issues.

K_bam

Reaction score
Hello all! I’m new to the forums and was wondering if anyone had a phone number for Chrysler corporate. A very long story made short…My TRX was damaged during shipping ( that’s the story I received anyway ) and has been sitting at the dealership unbeknownst to me. The dealer told me that it was not there, but that I would be the first to know once it arrived, meanwhile it was sitting there the entire time. Since June 25th to be exact. In my opinion they tried to fix it before I found out that it was there. I’ve contacted customer service about the situation and was told to go to the Chrysler.com/chryslercares and someone would get back to me within one business day. This was approximately a week ago now and still no phone call back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Smon

Reaction score
I have found that contacting Ram/Chrysler through the online portal gets stuff done fast. The dealerships must have a serious incentive to keep them off their backs. After that fails, I went to the typical online review places and listed the exact facts, they realllllly didn't like that. But it got stuff done, where otherwise they would have done nothing.

Based on your experience, I feel like we have the same dealer - Ha!

hoodac78

Reaction score
That’s where the situation gets shady. What a wild story… As I stated; it’s been there since June 25th. I knew the truck was shipping basically by accident. I called Chrysler to speak to them about my current Laramie, upon telling them that I was waiting for my TRX, they congratulated me and told me they would actually let me know how far along my truck was on the line. To my surprise the employee informed me that the truck had shipped and was slated for a June 23rd delivery. I immediately contacted my salesmen to initiate the early return on my current leased Laramie. I was then told that he had no information on my TRX, but not to worry, I would be the first person to know when it shipped. ODD…I let it go and chalked it up to being a misunderstanding. I let a weeks go by ( we are now at Monday, July 12th ) and then thought maybe I should give Chrysler a call again. I was then informed that the TRX had not only shipped, but that it was in-fact delivered on June 25th. ODD again. Upon hanging up, I called the dealer….again. “We have no new information” is the response I received…hmmmm. I gave it the rest of the day and decided to call Chrysler again the following morning, Tuesday, July 13th. Maybe there was some mistake. Again, I received the same answer. The TRX was delivered. I called the dealer and told them that I knew the truck was delivered and I wanted an answer as to what was happening. I was told that they would “do some further investigating and get back to me within the hour.” The rest of the day went by with no response. While this is happening, my business partner; who was also looking to purchase a truck from said dealership, was scrolling through their inventory online and proceeded to see truck listed. A flame red, built out TRX…my TRX, my vin#…The next morning, Wednesday, I called again. I was now told that the truck had arrived yesterday and that it had been damaged in shipping. “A dent on the right rear passenger side, but Chrysler will be paying for it.” I said ok, but please send me the photos of the dent and the damage report that was sent to Chrysler.” They agreed, but four days later i still had neither. I again, called Chrysler and they instructed me to ask the dealer again, but now they would also be filing a formal complaint on my behalf. I called the dealer, again…no response. I’m the meantime, my father lives close to the dealer’s body shop and is familiar with where it is because my sister actually used to work for the dealer before she moved away. He went there and there was my truck. The genetlemen allowed him to take photos of the truck including the vin which had been assigned to me. There was more than “just a dent”. The pictures were sent to me and I immediately called the dealer again. This time I asked to speak to the sales manager. When I finally got him on the phone, he proceeded to tell me that I was “in limbo” I said in limbo? He responded “yes, the shipper does not want to pay for it, Chrysler thinks the shipper should pay for it, and we don’t believe that we should have to pay for it. So you are in limbo” I then stated that the totality of things were not adding up, the time frame, the amount of damage , the failure to respond, and now the fact that I was “in limbo” I said quite frankly that this was all ********. He responded by saying “you know what’s ********? I also have a 2020 hellcat charger in my inventory, but it’s not here because it was stolen” huh? What? Now I understand the point he was attempting to make about their online inventory, but What exactly does this particular incident actually have to do with me ? Once again I have no answers. I proceeded to tell the manager that I just wanted my down payment back. He responded by saying “you can have the truck, it’s yours.” I responded by saying the near 100k truck was damaged, but accidents happen and that’s ok, but the way that it was handled was unacceptable and I no longer wanted to do business with liars. His response? “Well you know I will just sell the truck for 30k above sticker if I want to” I told him to go right ahead, and to send my money back to me. He confirmed my address and here we are a week later…still no check and still no answers. I will leave the dealership name and location out of this. But I will NEVER come remotely close to doing business with them again. And for those of you that are wondering…the truck is now listed for exactly 30k above the advertised price. It would sure be a shame if the person that purchased that damaged trx, never finds out. View attachment 100683 View attachment 100684
I don't have anything to offer you in the way of advice, but I just wanted to say that is an awful story. Please share the name so that no one does business with them. That is shady as hell, and I do think you should be headed to the dealer, make them cut you a cheque and be done with them. Moving forward, I hope you enjoy your new TRX from the other dealer! All the best to ya man!

bskubon

Reaction score
Would also file a complaint on the BBB web site, that’s what I did for the crappy service I received in Lillington, NC Ram dealership. What pisses me off is they don’t own up to screwing up, my case, bent chrome trim three times, and hope the customer doesn’t notice. Last time their top mechanic replaced the trim and scratched my door paint. Then on top of that the dealership is probably still paid by RAM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

K_bam

Reaction score
Would also file a complaint on the BBB web site, that’s what I did for the crappy service I received in Lillington, NC Ram dealership. What pisses me off is they don’t own up to screwing up, my case, bent chrome trim three times, and hope the customer doesn’t notice. Last time their top mechanic replaced the trim and scratched my door paint. Then on top of that the dealership is probably still paid by RAM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’ll do that as well…not even an apology from them. Like I said; accidents happen. That’s not even why I’m so aggravated. It’s the blatant disrespect and how the matter was handled.

magnetized

Reaction score
Wow, what a cluster. You're a better person than me, I would not hesitate to put them on blast on every medium available if they'd treated me that way. Would also look into legal action to get my money back.

Mr.G

Reaction score
I looked at the pictures and yes it is damaged, but a good body shop could make it look like new. I also went to their website and yup they have it for sale. Just my opinion if it is indeed worth the price they are asking I would get a lawyer give them your paper work with vin etc. and demand they sell you YOUR truck.

K_bam

Reaction score
I looked at the pictures and yes it is damaged, but a good body shop could make it look like new. I also went to their website and yup they have it for sale. Just my opinion if it is indeed worth the price they are asking I would get a lawyer give them your paper work with vin etc. and demand they sell you YOUR truck.
Of course it can be fixed. To me that was the least of my concerns. I mean, don’t get me wrong; did I want to pay 92k for a vehicle that’s already been damaged in shipping? In an accident? No I did not, but at the end of the day; it’s something that can be fixed. First world problems. It was the way it was handled (not handled) and how it was attempted to be covered up, and then the way I was spoken to. A stolen car on their lot is not my problem and has absolutely nothing to do with them covering any of it up. And let’s be honest…a dealer doesn’t know when a vehicle was delivered? Let alone a near 100k vehicle. All nonsense.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Of course it can be fixed. To me that was the least of my concerns. I mean, don’t get me wrong; did I want to pay 92k for a vehicle that’s already been damaged in shipping? In an accident? No I did not, but at the end of the day; it’s something that can be fixed. First world problems. It was the way it was handled (not handled) and how it was attempted to be covered up, and then the way I was spoken to. A stolen car on their lot is not my problem and has absolutely nothing to do with them covering any of it up. And let’s be honest…a dealer doesn’t know when a vehicle was delivered? Let alone a near 100k vehicle. All nonsense.
Yeah how many TRXs do they get on the reg? They knew the minute yours showed up, especially if it’s such a hot commodity that everyone would be eyeballing it immediately (and bright red at that).
If it’s really worth $122k then take it from them for your agreed upon price of $92k and then trade it back in to them or outright sell it somewhere else for $100k+. Don’t give them what they want after all of that and now you have to wait another 3+ months for a new truck by ordering somewhere else.

K_bam

Reaction score
Yeah how many TRXs do they get on the reg? They knew the minute yours showed up, especially if it’s such a hot commodity that everyone would be eyeballing it immediately (and bright red at that).
If it’s really worth $122k then take it from them for your agreed upon price of $92k and then trade it back in to them or outright sell it somewhere else for $100k+. Don’t give them what they want after all of that and now you have to wait another 3+ months for a new truck by ordering somewhere else.
I actually got super lucky. Found another dealer that basically has my exact build being delivered. Only difference was; this one now has the rear tire carrier. The one from the scumbags did not. It actually shipped already. So will only be a few weeks now.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
At these elevated prices, don't even consider buying one with previous damage repair without some sort of discount. These trucks will depreciate once the market catches up, RAM will build as many as they can, they aren't limited edition or anything like that.

Just compounded with first year production that is bottlenecked with the semiconductor/chip shortage, it will go away in the next year or two. But I understand it will be hard to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online