5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer installed brake controller not working

MaxSchmeling

Reaction score
I just got a 2022 Limited and had the dealer install an OEM trailer brake controller. I’ve never used one before, but my understanding is that it should show the gain in the dash as I push the + and - buttons, but I see nothing. If I squeeze the manual control the trailer does brake.

I was hoping someone might have a suggestion for how to fix it. From what I’ve gathered reading other posts here, when they installed that they needed to flash the computer to have it integrated? I don’t fully understand that process but I’m thinking that might be the issue. If nobody has a quick fix then I’ll call the dealership tomorrow.

Thanks

swoter

Reaction score
When mine was installed the dealer had to flash the computer. After that it showed up on my display screen. If they don’t flash your computer, it will not show up on display.

MaxSchmeling

Reaction score
Ok, that’s definitely the idea I was getting from what I’ve read. I’ve talked to the dealership and they’re going to get it in.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread