5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer fraud…what next?

JAS83

Reaction score
Ordered my first RAM in Jan before looking at MD, that’s on me. My local dealer never said the deposit was non refundable, nor did they have me sign anything whatsoever indicating this. Asked for a quote from MD and of course it was a no brainer. I informed my local dealer that I was not moving forward with the purchase if they didn’t match MD which of course they didn’t, no surprise there. Asked for my deposit back and they refused. I proceeded to dispute via my credit card company, first time they sided with the merchant, I disputed again and again they sided with the merchant, the dealer wrote back “customer ordered a truck, we asked for a deposit, we did nothing wrong.” However in doing this they sent the credit card company 2 pieces of supporting documentation: 1. Original receipt for $1,000 with my signature (I did sign) and 2. An invoice (I did not sign) with all my information and my forged signature.

It’s obvious when you look at the 2 signatures that it’s forged. On top of that, I spell my name Jorge and the forged signature is George 🤦🏻‍♂️. I submitted a third dispute indicating this to my CC company tonight, waiting to see what happens.

Would the best route be to show up tomorrow at the dealer and call them on this BS and ask for a refund on the spot?

I had chalked the deposit up to a loss as the savings from MD more than make up for it, but now, I can’t get over the dishonesty over $1,000!

See attached 😡

Attachments

• 88E0B6D5-58B7-4D01-A4B0-DDEC7A87ABDE.jpeg
    88E0B6D5-58B7-4D01-A4B0-DDEC7A87ABDE.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 1C8467F6-3539-4FFB-A708-0503DCA75C5A.jpeg
    1C8467F6-3539-4FFB-A708-0503DCA75C5A.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, time for some legal action. Have a local lawyer send them a letter, and have them put in it, forging signatures is illegal. Also, always ask first if the deposit is refundable, that's something I do. Good luck.

JAS83

Reaction score
I wrote the GM this morning on their website, and his response was amusing this time around. Glad he made things right without further legal action required. He questions the validity of what transpired, but I think that’s his way of saying let’s agree to leave it alone. Good thing is I I’m recouping my deposit and I have it in writing from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Contact your state attorney general’s office.

Edit: if they don’t give you the deposit back

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shady dealership crap!!! Which dealership is this?? Put them on blast right here so nobody else gets screwed.

Last edited:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked out, so my next statement is moot. If it hadn’t been resolved, I’d take the angle of, “it sure would be a shame if local news found out about your practice of forging signatures.”

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’d burn them whether I got a deposit back or not. Who else are they doing this to? You could help stop their bad practices.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d burn them whether I got a deposit back or not. Who else are they doing this to? You could help stop their bad practices.
Agreed. Make sure is no NDA attached to that deposit return and then reach out to the state. If they tried doing it to you, they'll probably do the same to someone else.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OOOOOOOO...plot twist. What if they realized after he left they needed that other signature and he verbally authorized them to sign it?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
OOOOOOOO...plot twist. What if they realized after he left they needed that other signature and he verbally authorized them to sign it?
Then you just write in "verbal authorization obtained by xxx name xxx date" you cannot be authorized to forge someone else's signature. Legal documents just don't work that way.

Users who are viewing this thread