5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer avoiding price confirmation?

Cupped_up

Reaction score
I ordered a 1500 4 weeks ago at 20% off with a breakdown of the price including CURRENT incentives at time of order. He said this should give me an idea of what I’ll be paying although he cannot lock them in. I emailed him later telling him I wouldn’t pay over the price we discussed and he called me and agreed the price discussed would be what I pay and if incentives decrease he will do what he needs to get it down.
I emailed him last week asking him about the status of the truck as well as confirming the price (to get it in writing) and he answered the question regarding the order status but not the price question. I Emailed him yet again, to confirm the price agreement and he never responded. Does it seem like he’s trying to avoid putting it in writing ? Or am I over thinking this? Should I call him and tell him I’d like it in writing? He’s making me nervous that he keeps avoiding the question. I have a $500 refundable deposit paid.

BNeal

Reaction score
When I ordered my Ram, I told the dealer that I wanted an itemized out the door price in writing. He pushed back with a bunch of bs, but I insisted or told him no deal. Once he gave in, I found window etching and bed cover that I didn't ask for. I told him to remove them and that I didn't want them. He indicated they always do the window etching for security purposes. I then told him that I will not pay for that, and if they want to etch, it will be on their dime. He gave in, I got it all in writing, but with no guarantees on what rebates if any would be available when I took delivery, which I understand and agreed to. You need to be forceful and tell the dealer, no itemized OTD in writing - no deal. I almost guarantee they're backloading something on you.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
When I ordered my Ram, I told the dealer that I wanted an itemized out the door price in writing. He pushed back with a bunch of bs, but I insisted or told him no deal. Once he gave in, I found window etching and bed cover that I didn't ask for. I told him to remove them and that I didn't want them. He indicated they always do the window etching for security purposes. I then told him that I will not pay for that, and if they want to etch, it will be on their dime. He gave in, I got it all in writing, but with no guarantees on what rebates if any would be available when I took delivery, which I understand and agreed to. You need to be forceful and tell the dealer, no itemized OTD in writing - no deal. I almost guarantee they're backloading something on you.
I always do that also. If they don't like it, I walk.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
If it's not documented, it didn't happen. They can and and will tell you anything they think you want to hear. But if you tell them you want it in writing they'll usually start singing a different tune. Never take a sales rep's word for anything. Always get it in writing.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
If it's not documented, it didn't happen. They can and and will tell you anything they think you want to hear. But if you tell them you want it in writing they'll usually start singing a different tune. Never take a sales rep's word for anything. Always get it in writing.
100% correct.

Cupped_up

Reaction score
Got ahold of him via phone and asked him to give me the agreed upon price in writing. He agreed and sent it over. Thanks

KCViper

Reaction score
^^^Glad you got it in writing. Never do a deal without getting the general terms written down!

Cupped_up

Reaction score
I ordered 3/10 and ram chat told me today that parts have been gathered and will be scheduled for build shortly. Hopefully that’s the next step!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered a 1500 4 weeks ago at 20% off with a breakdown of the price including CURRENT incentives at time of order. He said this should give me an idea of what I’ll be paying although he cannot lock them in. I emailed him later telling him I wouldn’t pay over the price we discussed and he called me and agreed the price discussed would be what I pay and if incentives decrease he will do what he needs to get it down.
I emailed him last week asking him about the status of the truck as well as confirming the price (to get it in writing) and he answered the question regarding the order status but not the price question. I Emailed him yet again, to confirm the price agreement and he never responded. Does it seem like he’s trying to avoid putting it in writing ? Or am I over thinking this? Should I call him and tell him I’d like it in writing? He’s making me nervous that he keeps avoiding the question. I have a $500 refundable deposit paid.
Always have the deal in writing before agreeing to anything or putting any kind of deposit down!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Always have the deal in writing before agreeing to anything or putting any kind of deposit down!
I’ve dealt with a few hundred dealers through the years, I’ve walked away many times! I can tell you less then 10% of dealers are honest or have the customers best interest😩! This is a crossed the board , ram, Chevy, Ford, Honda, Toyota all the same games! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread