5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer add on suggestions

Sdoss48

Reaction score
Recently got approved for a loan a little more than the car actually cost. Trying to find some add ons to ask the dealer for to help get to my loan amount. I rather get add ons vs getting new loan amount. Anyone have any suggestions? About $1000 difference. Or does anyone have an estimate on how much things like bed liner, soft bed cover, or rubber mats etc should cost when asking dealer to add on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

broken_vet

Reaction score
Are you saying that they won't give you the loan unless you meet a minimum for the loan amount?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sounds wierd to be honest.

When I was looking for financing, I was approved up to a specific amount....say $60k. That means that I could buy anything up to that amount and not go over. If I stayed under that amount, I'm paying less.

In your case, it has to be the full amount, or they won't approve you?

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Sdoss48

Reaction score
Are you saying that they won't give you the loan unless you meet a minimum for the loan amount?

Sorry should’ve clarified better. My bank already is sending the check for the higher amount. Instead of taking off the difference, I’m trying to add accessories to make up for the difference. No one said I had to do it. Just my preference to add accessories

Sdoss48

Reaction score
That sounds wierd to be honest.

When I was looking for financing, I was approved up to a specific amount....say $60k. That means that I could buy anything up to that amount and not go over. If I stayed under that amount, I'm paying less.

In your case, it has to be the full amount, or they won't approve you?

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

I didn’t do a pre-approval or anything. I took out the loan for 51k and the truck out the door is only 50k. So I’m just choosing to make up the difference with add-ons

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The bed liner is definitely a good option, I liked it as it was not slippery. Cheaper than line-x or others.
I also got the rear wheel well liners as my truck did not have them from the factory.
Could get the Mopar splash guards.
I think there's better options out there for running boards depending on what look you want.

Sdoss48

Reaction score
The bed liner is definitely a good option, I liked it as it was not slippery. Cheaper than line-x or others.
I also got the rear wheel well liners as my truck did not have them from the factory.
Could get the Mopar splash guards.
I think there's better options out there for running boards depending on what look you want.

Preciate it, didn’t think about a bed liner. Or splash guards. I did ask about a bed cover and they told me it was 2k plus labor

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Preciate it, didn’t think about a bed liner. Or splash guards. I did ask about a bed cover and they told me it was 2k plus labor

I bought a gator tri fold for $234, sure it's sagging and flops a little but it keeps the snow and hard rain out of my bed.

To @Jeffjad point...you could be close to halfway on a Mopar extended warranty depending on what you want for miles and years.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should be able to get a bedliner and rear wheelhouse liners for right about 1K - dealer installed liner around me is usually $800-$900 and rear wheelhouse are $195

U

User_3336

Extended warranty maybe.
A dealer will absolutely SOAK you on an extended warranty. Choose something else.

If you want to consider an extended warranty, use one of the online sellers.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My dealership charged me $500 for a spray-in bed liner. You might want to ask them what they charge for one. Add a set of running boards and install them yourself. That should keep you around $1000 if your dealership prices are close to what mine were.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Say away from the Mopar mud flaps, worst design ever, I was warred, but had them put on anyway. They have a opening that collects, dirt, mud, rocks, snow, ice water. It was always full with a muddy dripping water mess. I even drilled big holes in the bottom, helped a little but what a mess! I bought weather teach flaps for my 2021, quick no drill install.

Users who are viewing this thread