5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Screen. No Navi. What a mess

Gesha007

Reaction score
Hi all so I just recently leased a 2019 ram limited. I got the truck with all the bells and whistle’s every possible option.

Shortly after getting the vehicle I started noticing that the 12 inch display started going off as I’m operating the car the screen would just go black I could hear buttons being pressed when I touch the screen but the screen is dead. It would take restarting the vehicle or pressing the volume power button repeated times to get the screen back on it will stay on for a little while but then it goes back off.

At the same time this had happened I start noticing that my navigation stops receiving satellites you can see the route but you cannot see the car.

I went to a dealership to have the issue looked at and was disappointed to hear that “ there is nothing we could do, it’s a software issue, wait for an update”.

I called Chrysler and after eight few attempts got a manager on the phone who had told me the same exact thing it is a software related issue and you need to wait for an update.

I tried to call the same dealership again asking them to see if there was anything else they can do for me perhaps just change the system but was told that there’s nothing they going to do until this update is available.

I want to know if anyone here has same issue. If I pay for car with this options and this options don’t work. Maybe Chrysler need to fix issue or charge less or what?!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all so I just recently leased a 2019 ram limited. I got the truck with all the bells and whistle’s every possible option.

Shortly after getting the vehicle I started noticing that the 12 inch display started going off as I’m operating the car the screen would just go black I could hear buttons being pressed when I touch the screen but the screen is dead. It would take restarting the vehicle or pressing the volume power button repeated times to get the screen back on it will stay on for a little while but then it goes back off.

At the same time this had happened I start noticing that my navigation stops receiving satellites you can see the route but you cannot see the car.

I went to a dealership to have the issue looked at and was disappointed to hear that “ there is nothing we could do, it’s a software issue, wait for an update”.

I called Chrysler and after eight few attempts got a manager on the phone who had told me the same exact thing it is a software related issue and you need to wait for an update.

I tried to call the same dealership again asking them to see if there was anything else they can do for me perhaps just change the system but was told that there’s nothing they going to do until this update is available.

I want to know if anyone here has same issue. If I pay for car with this options and this options don’t work. Maybe Chrysler need to fix issue or charge less or what?!
Contact FCA again and don't give up until you get a better answer. It's total BS.

Mahoskwitz

Reaction score
Sounds like a poor dealer as well. Wouldn't be afraid to drop in on another RAM location and find someone willing to aid you.

I haven't had any issues with mine, but as a software engineer it could be anything. If you're hearing sounds, but no picture, I would have been more inclined to say hardware issue with the screen. Just because the touch sensor is working doesn't mean back lighting regarding the LED panel doesn't have something wrong with it.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

That's total BS. Sorry to hear about the issues with your truck.

If you could, please post your dealer experience on the thread below, as we are compiling a list of good/bad dealers to help fellow forum members:

Thanks,

Mahoskwitz

Reaction score
Also, if it were software related there would be hundreds if not thousands of vehicles with issues. It just doesn't work like that... You don't just get one or a handful of trucks with one specific offshoot version of a codebase. This is incredibly frustrating to have to hear from both your dealer and FCA.

Keep us posted and best of luck.

Gesha007

Reaction score
Also, if it were software related there would be hundreds if not thousands of vehicles with issues. It just doesn't work like that... You don't just get one or a handful of trucks with one specific offshoot version of a codebase. This is incredibly frustrating to have to hear from both your dealer and FCA.

Keep us posted and best of luck.
I will. Obviously man it’s complete BS. Will be exploring lemon laws and just letting the legal eagles send a few crafty letters. Nothing like lighting a fire under the MANS *** care of the little guy. ☄️

kevinwestman

Reaction score

Similar issue. Day 2 with my Longhorn 2019 1500. Went to back up into my parking spot and none of the cameras work. Just a blue screen with the text “check your surroundings”. Did I mention this is day 2? I’ve posted another problem with the transmission which I see others have experienced as well on another thread.

bmarcurella

Reaction score
Same issue here. Just purchased a 2019 Ram Laramie Sport with the 12". Nav stopped working and states my location is somewhere 60miles away. The other issue I have is SiriusXM 360+Guardian. It was working when I first got the truck, afterwards it states it needs to reactivate. The Sirius button is Grayed out so you can't select it and send a new signal to it. Which means I need to activate it again which it will not do so.

** Here is what I did find out from Uconnect - You can re-calibrate it with the instructions below.

Hi Brandon, this is Jessica contacting from Uconnect Vehicle Care. Here are the instructions to do a re calibration to get the navigation working properly The customer is going to stop the vehicle, and drive the vehicle in 5 tight circles counter clockwise not exceeding 15 MPH. The customer can then park the vehicle and go shopping, whatever they may need to do. OR stop the vehicle turn it off and open the driver’s door for a minimal of 2 minutes. Then turn vehicle back on and see if the navigation is working. I have created a case for you and your Case Manager will be in contact with you.
Have a good week
Jessica
Uconnect Vehicle Care
1-800-992-1997
ei

- 2019 RAM Laramie Crew Cab Sport 4x4

bmarcurella

Reaction score
FYI
Went to the dealership this morning and they couldn't fix anything. They just looked at the TSB's and said they didn't have any new information and they would open a case with Star. I happen to be a Microsoft Engineer so I have been trying a couple things already. I will keep you posted on any new information as a 70K Truck shouldn't be having issues like this. It is kind of embarrassing.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI
Went to the dealership this morning and they couldn't fix anything. They just looked at the TSB's and said they didn't have any new information and they would open a case with Star. I happen to be a Microsoft Engineer so I have been trying a couple things already. I will keep you posted on any new information as a 70K Truck shouldn't be having issues like this. It is kind of embarrassing.

Hopefully you're getting dealer documentation at each visit saying 'can't do anything' - 3+ of those and you can begin to waive a lemon law doc in their face, hopefully that motivates them.

I'm in the tech world as well and with all the powered harnesses on these trucks, the only way to 'turn it off and on again' would be to get behind the unit and pull the harnesses to ensure no residual power is lingering. That would be my first step as a dealer. Do you have eTorque? (as that add a layer of complication due to two power sources)

bmarcurella

Reaction score
Hopefully you're getting dealer documentation at each visit saying 'can't do anything' - 3+ of those and you can begin to waive a lemon law doc in their face, hopefully that motivates them.

I'm in the tech world as well and with all the powered harnesses on these trucks, the only way to 'turn it off and on again' would be to get behind the unit and pull the harnesses to ensure no residual power is lingering. That would be my first step as a dealer. Do you have eTorque? (as that add a layer of complication due to two power sources)

No eTorque. Every other package though including the new tailgate addition. I would just prefer the issue to get fixed. I just tried going in 5 circles to recalculate the Satellite and that did not work.. I am trying to decide and or figure out what to do because it does seem like their are a lot of bugs in the software.

Users who are viewing this thread