5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Ram

woodtech60

Reaction score
I have a twenty twenty ram fifteen hundred with the 5.7 e torque engine. Everything was working fine and running normally when I parked the vehicle last night,. I woke up this morning walked out and could not open the doors with the key fob in my pocket. , check the key fob , changed it with the other, new one, that didn't work, open the door with my manual key. Try to start it, everything Is dead, checked the battery , the 12 V Battery shows that it's fully charged when you put the charger on. it...appears to be fully charged,. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a twenty twenty ram fifteen hundred with the 5.7 e torque engine. Everything was working fine and running normally when I parked the vehicle last night,. I woke up this morning walked out and could not open the doors with the key fob in my pocket. , check the key fob , changed it with the other, new one, that didn't work, open the door with my manual key. Try to start it, everything Is dead, checked the battery , the 12 V Battery shows that it's fully charged when you put the charger on. it...appears to be fully charged,. Does anyone know what the problem might be?
Those Ram's are very picky when it comes to the battery. Try to disconnect both terminals, clean the terminal and clamps. Put them back on and try again. I think your battery is bad.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Those Ram's are very picky when it comes to the battery. Try to disconnect both terminals, clean the terminal and clamps. Put them back on and try again. I think your battery is bad.
This. Dead batteries or even under performing batteries can cause all kinds of issues on the Ram.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just because it reads 12v doesn't mean it's good. And texhnicyit should read above 13vdc if it's a good battery with a full charge.

woodtech60

Reaction score
Yes I tested the battery. It was definitely dead so I replaced it thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread