5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Pedal

mattl2

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the dead pedal option? I'm considering buying a new F-150 or Ram 1500, and I was wondering what your thoughts are on the absence of the dead pedal. Do you wish you had it? Does it matter?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There was another post on here about it. I've never used one so I don't miss it. But, I know others do miss it.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

bigalf

Reaction score
Had to look that one up! Never drove a standard so I guess I never got used to using it. Never missed what I didn't know I had lol

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would like to have one. The vehicle doesn't have to be a manual to have dead pedal. I have one in my Audi and it's an automatic. But you're right that most cars/trucks with auto's don't have them. The majority of the cars I've owned for the last 20 years have been manual, so I got used to having one.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like to have one as well, probably for the same reason as I have had manuals all my life. I didn't know that there was an option for that pedal.

SNVulkan

Reaction score
This is interesting. Now I've only driven automatics but I used to love the dead pedal in my Charger. And I legitimately didn't realize the 1500 doesn't have one! So I guess for me it's not an important feature. But I can see how someone who has driven manuals need them!

Users who are viewing this thread