5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dead battery?

Sixntwo

Reaction score
2019 V6 LARAMIE

last saturday I pulled out of my driveway and engaged D....I immediately noticed my truck would not get out of 1st gear! i pulled over, killed the motor and started all over with the same result...I did this three times! i ended up driving to the local ram dealership (1.8 miles) in 1st gear with my flashers on driving on the access road...unfortunately the dealership was booked solid and i was told 3-5 days until they could look at it! I took an uber home....

service advisor called me at noon on monday with the news the battery is dead - i okay a new one. I picked it up last night and all is good! i panicked thinking it was a transmission issue (truck had 55,942 miles when i pulled into their driveway)

all good now - not sure if anyone else has experienced this...i purchased the truck used with 28,000 miles not knowing if the battery is the original one or not...

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2019 V6 LARAMIE

last saturday I pulled out of my driveway and engaged D....I immediately noticed my truck would not get out of 1st gear! i pulled over, killed the motor and started all over with the same result...I did this three times! i ended up driving to the local ram dealership (1.8 miles) in 1st gear with my flashers on driving on the access road...unfortunately the dealership was booked solid and i was told 3-5 days until they could look at it! I took an uber home....

service advisor called me at noon on monday with the news the battery is dead - i okay a new one. I picked it up last night and all is good! i panicked thinking it was a transmission issue (truck had 55,942 miles when i pulled into their driveway)

all good now - not sure if anyone else has experienced this...i purchased the truck used with 28,000 miles not knowing if the battery is the original one or not...
2 years of ownership when it happened.

Users who are viewing this thread