5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead battery, now ABS, ESC, etc. lights on.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
I had a Tazer DT installed. Caused more trouble than it was worth. Now it's just a useless expensive piece of plastic in the glove box. Haven't had a single issue since removing it a year ago.
What did you take out/remove that fixed issue Thanks

Johnpaw

Reaction score
A few days ago I went to start my truck after it sat for less than a day and the battery was dead. The running board came down, and the dash lit up, but the starter would not engage (no click, no crank). I charged the battery for an hour and it started right up, but I noticed that the parking brake was engaged. I did not engage it. Also, now the ABS, Stability Control, Adaptive Cruise, Collision Avoidance, Trailer Brake and Front/Rear parking sensor warning lights are on. I've disconnected the battery for about 10 minutes (not including the hour I let it charge) and the problem remains. The truck seems to drive OK, but obviously I don't have ABS and many of the other safety features. I'll be taking it to the dealer on Wednesday, but was wondering if anyone else had encountered this scenario.

I have no idea why the battery was dead, or why the parking brake was engaged. I'm wondering if perhaps it performed an update in the middle of the night and the battery died in the middle of it? Will a UConnect update run if you don't schedule it (I never even saw a notification that there was an update). Also, do the UConnect updates also update the drivetrain modules? All of these errors seem to point to the ABS module.

This is the first issue I've had with my truck, with the exception of the overhead console going dark (3 times).
Hi all. I had the same problem on my 2023 Long Horn. After replacing the battery, the ABC light came on and all the other lights came on. I have Tazer TD installed, I tried to clear all the errors using it but it didn’t work. Then I tried to reboot the system again using it and everything worked. There are no more mistakes, and you don’t have to go to these idiots at the dealership. This is not an advertisement but I have loved the Tazer ever since I installed it on my Jeep and now on my frame.

Users who are viewing this thread