5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daystar spacers installation in Seattle area

andreim

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a mechanic in Seattle area to install Daystar spacers in the front (KC09113BK) for Ram Rebel 2020 with Air Suspension (want to level the truck, got leveling links already). I've tried couple of shops but they said that they don't work with air suspension.

Thanks!

ny2az

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a mechanic in Seattle area to install Daystar spacers in the front (KC09113BK) for Ram Rebel 2020 with Air Suspension (want to level the truck, got leveling links already). I've tried couple of shops but they said that they don't work with air suspension.

Thanks!
l had the same issue here in the phoenix area... shops l called would not install the daystar kit on air rides since it stated it was not compatible with air ride ... obviously we here on the forum know better ... so hopefully, just call around and find a shop that is willing to do the labor for you based on you telling them that you have heard others installed this kit with no issues and it works just fine ...

NJC1684

Reaction score
l had the same issue here in the phoenix area... shops l called would not install the daystar kit on air rides since it stated it was not compatible with air ride ... obviously we here on the forum know better ... so hopefully, just call around and find a shop that is willing to do the labor for you based on you telling them that you have heard others installed this kit with no issues and it works just fine ...

I showed the installer that Revel Link was selling as a kit otherwise they weren't going to install either.

NJC1684

Reaction score
glad to hear it ... what are they charging for the labor since you are supplying the parts... and are you doing a wheel alignment ...

Had a quote of $350 + alignment elsewhere, and the other was $600 aligned.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Try like a shop that specializes in off-road/4x4 builds. Seems like I had the best luck with talking to those kind of shops about it. I had my level installed, wheels and tires mounted and road force balanced and an alignment for 450.

vietatran05

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks!
Hey, were you able to find a place in Seattle?

Sportznut

Reaction score
Trendsetters in Portland will do it for $300 plus alignment - you bring the parts.

Talk to Ron Smith.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

vietatran05

Reaction score
Trendsetters in Portland will do it for $300 plus alignment - you bring the parts.

Talk to Ron Smith.

Thanks, Sportznut! Just out of curiosity would this void the warranty on the front suspension?

Sportznut

Reaction score
I don't know for sure but I suspect FCA would try to wiggle out of anything related to the suspension if you had a problem.

Maybe others that have made warranty claims could chime in with their experience.

Sportznut

Reaction score
P.S. I have only done the front links. It's about a 5-minute job to switch it back to OEM. I did it about a week ago and kind of funny the suspension is kind of adjusted to them so the ride is not as harsh...weird.

The other thing is my measurements have changed to where the truck is almost perfectly level without me doing any additional adjustments. Go figure?

Maybe I should name my truck Christine? It is red.

vietatran05

Reaction score
P.S. I have only done the front links. It's about a 5-minute job to switch it back to OEM. I did it about a week ago and kind of funny the suspension is kind of adjusted to them so the ride is not as harsh...weird.

The other thing is my measurements have changed to where the truck is almost perfectly level without me doing any additional adjustments. Go figure?

Maybe I should name my truck Christine? It is red.

That’s interesting, I’ll start with just the leveling links for now.

Sportznut

Reaction score
That’s interesting, I’ll start with just the leveling links for now.
Yes.

Try just a 1-1.25" level. Give it a week and see what happens.

If you don't like the way it settles in you can try a different height or spend the extra money on spacers.

I bought new tires at the same time so I went ahead and got an alignment. Suggest you tell your alignment guy you want your steering wheel to be at 12:00 after the alignment. DAMHIK.

Jjuszczak89

Reaction score
I ordered the revel links for my 2021 Ram 1500 limited 4x4 with the air suspension. I want to level out the truck to fit 33's or 35's which ever fits best. I have seen on here folks mentioning the daystar spacers...Would adding the spacers improve the ride quality that seems to suffer a bit once the leveling links are installed? Has anybody tried just installing the leveling links...how was the ride quality after installation?

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
I ordered the revel links for my 2021 Ram 1500 limited 4x4 with the air suspension. I want to level out the truck to fit 33's or 35's which ever fits best. I have seen on here folks mentioning the daystar spacers...Would adding the spacers improve the ride quality that seems to suffer a bit once the leveling links are installed? Has anybody tried just installing the leveling links...how was the ride quality after installation?
Here is the thread you need to check out, will answer all your questions. The short answer is yes, the daystar spacers will improve the ride, or more accurately keep it feeling factory. Just links will make it harsh and bouncy because you are overinflating the bags to get to the height you want. Check out the upper control arms as well, listed in same thread. They are about $150 for the pair, and have a higher angle of movement on the ball joint.
Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread