5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daylight savings time didn't change

Tones1975

Reaction score
I just hopped in my 2019 rebel this morning and my truck hasn't updated the time change. It's set to sync time with GPS and has yet to change. I know that I can manually change it obviously but one would think that it should be capable of this change on It's own. Anyone else have this issue?

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tones...don't get discouraged by one person's response, I get it...it is a valid question. I haven't checked my truck yet today, but if it didn't change I would want to know why too.

Tones1975

Reaction score
I feel like it may have something to do with the most recent OTA update they pushed out. After the update my stereo goes mute if I plug in my Android phone or if it's already plugged in when I start the truck. I can get the volume back if I push the power button on and back on again. Minor inconvenience but it wasn't like that prior to the update. So I'm guessing the two are connected as it auto updated the time change in the fall.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel like it may have something to do with the most recent OTA update they pushed out. After the update my stereo goes mute if I plug in my Android phone or if it's already plugged in when I start the truck. I can get the volume back if I push the power button on and back on again. Minor inconvenience but it wasn't like that prior to the update. So I'm guessing the two are connected as it auto updated the time change in the fall.
Tones, I'm in Canada as well and the update from the other day not only tweeked the clock, but disabled my front map lights, Assist and SoS buttons... pano roof controls are the only thing working in overhead console.

My version was update 20.37.11

Looks like a dealer visit.

tones2SS

Reaction score
My 2019 Roush Stage 3 didn't update the time correctly as well today.
I think if you use the GPS time format, it does not account for the daylight savings time. At least that what it told me in my Mustang. Maybe that is the issue?
I have a 2016 Ram Sport and it updated properly.

stronbl

Reaction score
Another data point ...

Mine update just fine, took about 10 seconds until XM radio synched but then clock switched to correct time ... 2020 Limited, CA USA.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Tones, I'm in Canada as well and the update from the other day not only tweeked the clock, but disabled my front map lights, Assist and SoS buttons... pano roof controls are the only thing working in overhead console.

Is that the latest version ? Mines 20.06.13 .

Tones1975

Reaction score

My map lights worked last night so I think I'm good there. I'm not sure about the sos etc.....

KCViper

Reaction score
Just checked my truck (picked up a few days ago) and it did update for DST.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No update to daylight savings time here, might have something to do with zero satellites acquired... U-connect 4C-nav. Thumbs down...

dschweers

Reaction score
Backed out of garage and saw mine change. Took about 30 seconds from start.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that the latest version ? Mines 20.06.13 .
Not sure to be honest, my understanding of the updates is that the trucks all have different options and there are different updates for different trims/options to certain degree. Possible there was a blip during my update as it stated the Assist and SoS functions would be unavailable and maybe the update was interrupted before it could reinstate the upper console functionality. Who knows! 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread