5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daylight Running Lights 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel

drm074

Reaction score
This question is specifically for only the 2019 models. I know all the tricks for all the other years however, something has changed as of 2019 and the dealers appear to be unable to unlock/activate daylight running lights on this specific year. I have been to 3 different dealers and none can figure out how to activate DLR.

There is no LM5, LM1 or LMK available for activating. There is no Canada/US option that the dealer can find. Has anyone else been able to get these turned on for 2019 models? As a significant safety feature, it is perplexing that this is an item that Dodge has chosen to make difficult to activate after years of dealers being able to simply add a sales code. I know there are trucks that are built and sold in areas that require DLR so hopefully someone has also come across this issue and has a solution.

I am not in the mood to purchase after market add-ons to accomplish what should be a standard or user available option for safety. Thanks

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Isn't there a checkbox option in your Uconnect settings? There should be. I know there was in mine, but I have the regular halogen headlights.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As does my 2019 Limited, can't believe 3 different dealers were ignorant of it.

Rick J

Reaction score
Daytime Running Lights are standard equipment on the 2019 Laramie in the US and Canada. Are you in some other country?

Daytime Running Lights (DRL) — If Equipped
The headlights on your vehicle will illuminate when the engine is started and the transmission is in any gear except PARK. This provides a constant "lights on" condition until the ignition is turned OFF. The lights illuminate at less than half of normal intensity. If the parking brake is applied, the
Daytime Running Lights (DRL) will turn off. Also, if a turn signal is activated, the DRL lamp on the same side of the vehicle may turn off for the duration of the turn signal activation. Once the turn signal is no longer active, the DRL lamp will illuminate.
NOTE:
If allowed by law in the country in which the vehicle was purchased, the Daytime Running Lights can be turned on and off using the Uconnect System, refer to “Uconnect Settings” in “Multimedia” for further information.

drm074

Reaction score
Isn't there a checkbox option in your Uconnect settings? There should be. I know there was in mine, but I have the regular halogen headlights.
As does my 2019 Limited, can't believe 3 different dealers were ignorant of it.
Not an option that is shown for the Classic Laramie inside U-Connect or inside the dealer diagnostic machine. All have attempted to add the sales code LM5 to the VIN as previous years could do, but it doesn't allow it.

drm074

Reaction score
Daytime Running Lights are standard equipment on the 2019 Laramie in the US and Canada. Are you in some other country?

Daytime Running Lights (DRL) — If Equipped
The headlights on your vehicle will illuminate when the engine is started and the transmission is in any gear except PARK. This provides a constant "lights on" condition until the ignition is turned OFF. The lights illuminate at less than half of normal intensity. If the parking brake is applied, the
Daytime Running Lights (DRL) will turn off. Also, if a turn signal is activated, the DRL lamp on the same side of the vehicle may turn off for the duration of the turn signal activation. Once the turn signal is no longer active, the DRL lamp will illuminate.
NOTE:
If allowed by law in the country in which the vehicle was purchased, the Daytime Running Lights can be turned on and off using the Uconnect System, refer to “Uconnect Settings” in “Multimedia” for further information.

Other Country ... Yes ... California.

I am aware of how they are supposed to be turned on and off ... however, in the 4th Gen 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Laramie ... this option does not display for the owner or made available to the dealer. However, it is on the Limited, the BighHorn, etc. Before you say, this is 4th Gen but posted in 5th Gen ... that's because even talking to the dealers they didn't make it clear that that was the difference half way through production. Posted it in the correct group but left this here in case anyone else had an idea

Users who are viewing this thread