5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Day time running lamps ??

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a 2020 Lamarie and was wondering if it was normal for the low beams to be on when I have DRL enabled. Also is there a way to brighten the led stripe that goes around the headlight (purplish light) It’s kind of dull and not as bright as some of the other DRL on other cars.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes if you enable the DRL's they use the LowBeam headlights. There is no way to brighten the LED strips, they are dimmer but they are not the DRL's as they are on many other vehicles. One positive is that they do not turn off when you turn on the turn signal like other vehicles.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are the LED Strips on when DRL’s is optioned off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Yes if you enable the DRL's they use the LowBeam headlights. There is no way to brighten the LED strips, they are dimmer but they are not the DRL's as they are on many other vehicles. One positive is that they do not turn off when you turn on the turn signal like other vehicles.
Strange that it was done like this. Do you happen to know if keep the DRL option enabled would shorten the life span of the low beams? I assume the manufacturer took this into account when designing this.

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Are the LED Strips on when DRL’s is optioned off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The LED strips are always on regardless if the Drl option is enabled or disabled. However it’s not that bright which is why I might just keep it enabled and use the low beams as DRL. I still don’t understand the thinking behind this.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea I'm not sure why they did it like that, I know the Chargers and other FCA vehicles seem to have the brighter LED strips. I'm not sure on the life expectancy but I would immagine it would shorten hte life span of the light since they are normally rated to have a life span of so many hours.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
Is there a setting buried somewhere to control the LED strips On or Off? I thought I came across it in the past. 12 inch Uconnect.

Kidder

Reaction score
Is there a setting buried somewhere to control the LED strips On or Off? I thought I came across it in the past. 12 inch Uconnect.
No, that's for the Daytime Running headlights. The strips are always on.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
No, that's for the Daytime Running headlights. The strips are always on.
Can't test it now, but am I correct to assume the headlight control Dial will darken everything outside when needed? Maybe that's what I was messing with in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread