5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Date with Finance Department

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
True. It would depend on the state as you've mentioned above. Here in Texas, there's zero deductible for repairs of chips (I have Progressive), but it does not cover windshield replacement, which would have to use the comprehensive deductible.

That isn't true. I live in TX and have Progressive as well and I have $0 deductible windshield replacement. It's an additive option to your plan and not included in the base prices.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020. Had great payments until the finance guy got a hold of me. I did not look into Mopar extended warranty prior. If you have any interest in getting an extended warranty get a price from Ziegler. I did not, got upsold an aftermarket warranty, if I would have looked around before I likely could have got an extended warranty that is Mopar for the same price as I got the third party. By the way all the work has to be performed at the selling dealer for me. What I got is a protection package through a company called Fidelity, I guess it is not actually an extended warranty, rather an additional. Whatever you do KEEP telling him you cant afford it, he will lower the cost. Read your bill of sale and ask every question you can think of. I am not trying to act like you have never bought a car before. I have bought several new cars, but it seems like slick Bob the finance guy always gets me in the end. Have quotes on the same crap he will push on you prior to going in.

When did you buy? There is a usually a time frame where you can cancel even after purchase and get your money refunded. Read the fine print and see.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
The only thing I would get if they offer it, is the windshield insurance if you live somewhere where you may get your glass chipped often. I just got a big chip on mine and Safelite wants $840 for generic glass, and $1200 for OEM, to come and replace it (and dealer quoted $1800). Depending on your trim of course. On mine this includes $300 for calibrating the sensors/cameras after the windshield is installed.

I got this insurance when I purchased my Mercedes, and that had cost $999 (and replacement for those hover around $1500 and up). This was limited to two years and up to two or three replacements I believe.
Of course since my windshield was insured, I never got a chip...

You may never use it, but if you do just once, it will pay for itself. More than once and you come out ahead. Like everything else insurance related, that’s for you to determine.

Other than that, I would not get anything else, just like others have suggested. YMMV.
many policies cover windshields 100%, good idea to review your policy and maybe choose a company that offers that

Wsmith

Reaction score
When did you buy? There is a usually a time frame where you can cancel even after purchase and get your money refunded. Read the fine print and see.
I am looking into it, waiting on a call from slick Bob to go over some fine details. The package includes new belts, one time per year, new rotors and pads once per year. and some other more minor perks. I need to find out if I can have these installed new once per year, by my choice or if I have to be told by the service dept that I need them. Bob led me to believe that I could have them installed yearly as I wished. If this is true I'll keep it, if it is not I am looking to drop it.

Wsmith

Reaction score
That isn't true. I live in TX and have Progressive as well and I have $0 deductible windshield replacement. It's an additive option to your plan and not included in the base prices.
Im in Sillinois, have American Family. I got a decent size chip on my last vehicle. I called them, they set it up for Safelight to come to my work for repair (not replacement). Didn't cost me anything.

InstrumentTech

Reaction score

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Then they lied to me. That's exactly what they told me last week when I called to inquire about this. Thanks for the heads up.

U

User_3336

My responses to "upsells" in the finance department..

NO
NOT INTERESTED
CAN WE MOVE THIS ALONG.

If you don't have the guts to say either, you don't deserve a new truck! LOL

U

User_3336

That doesn't work. i've been there an hour after closing before because they were so busy ( and I'd already waited 45 minutes to get INTO finance).

Picking up the vehicle 15 minutes before closing time is quite effective also...They would rather just go home ;)

U

User_3336

NEVER buy a third party warranty. Always look for a FCA MOPAR ESP.

As stated, go to Zeigler and get a quote. I've found they are they cheapest online. Make sure you use the promo code
"PAYINFULL" to get an additional $365 off the online price.

I just bought a 2020. Had great payments until the finance guy got a hold of me. I did not look into Mopar extended warranty prior. If you have any interest in getting an extended warranty get a price from Ziegler. I did not, got upsold an aftermarket warranty, if I would have looked around before I likely could have got an extended warranty that is Mopar for the same price as I got the third party. By the way all the work has to be performed at the selling dealer for me. What I got is a protection package through a company called Fidelity, I guess it is not actually an extended warranty, rather an additional. Whatever you do KEEP telling him you cant afford it, he will lower the cost. Read your bill of sale and ask every question you can think of. I am not trying to act like you have never bought a car before. I have bought several new cars, but it seems like slick Bob the finance guy always gets me in the end. Have quotes on the same crap he will push on you prior to going in.

ssick92

Reaction score
I ended up adding extended warranty and service through the finance dept. when I bought my truck, but I only did it after getting an exhibit added to the contract that specifically says I can cancel within 90 days without any penalty and without paying interest on the amount. I ended up cancelling, getting a refund, and will probably end up buying a Ziegler policy in 3 years when my standard warranty is up.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Justbry

Reaction score
Fidelity is one of the largest warranty companies in the country and can be used at any ASE certified mechanic not just the selling dealer. As with most warranties they are negotiable, go over the features and benefits with the finance person, you’ll be surprised at how good that service contract is. Mopar, like fidelity, is an insurance policy, you can get it for the same price at the dealer as you get from Ziegler. After doing a lot of research I chose Fidelity over Mopar as it had longer coverages and was less expensive, unfortunately I had to call a dealer in another state to get the price down, you can’t negotiate insurance policies in Florida.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Fidelity is one of the largest warranty companies in the country and can be used at any ASE certified mechanic not just the selling dealer. As with most warranties they are negotiable, go over the features and benefits with the finance person, you’ll be surprised at how good that service contract is. Mopar, like fidelity, is an insurance policy, you can get it for the same price at the dealer as you get from Ziegler. After doing a lot of research I chose Fidelity over Mopar as it had longer coverages and was less expensive, unfortunately I had to call a dealer in another state to get the price down, you can’t negotiate insurance policies in Florida.
Surprisingly, slick Bob my finance guy has not returned my call, he never answers his phone even if he is sitting at his desk, as I said if he explained the policy correctly I will keep it and utilize it. for brakes, rotors and belts. He led me to believe that I could have all of this replaced annually, even if it was not necessary, if this is the case I will keep it. If not I will look to drop it. May have to drive to the dealer to confront him since he can't seem to return my call.

Users who are viewing this thread