5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dashcams shouldn't be this difficult!

NightRam2020

Reaction score
I installed a Rexing dashcam with a fuse tap that replaces a fuse under the steering column. Obviously added a ground for the camera too. No issues. 2020 Laramie CC 5.7 etorque 4x4.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Funny boy. Yes I replaced the fuse while I was in there. Do you have a link to the tap that goes in behind the mirror?
I have one for sale

llando88

Reaction score
I ended up with a Garmin Mini 2, plugged it into the USB on my '21 Big Horn. I discovered the truck thought it was some kind of smart device (I think, like an iPhone) so I got a USB isolator thingy and am using that, so it only see's power. I appreciate these kinds of threads though; I didn't know about the fuse swap option until I looked in the manual. That's helpful.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So OP, you've been wrong on every point you attempted to make about the Ram engineers being stupid morons, and then continued to argue against correct information with people that were simply trying to help you out despite all that, and yet, no humility, no apology, no "gee whiz fellas, I guess I jumped the gun, sorry about that". Everyone here is trying to help you...geez dude, these are nice people!

Lastly, I've worked with hundreds and hundreds of automotive design engineers over my 34 year career in automotive electronics, and while I met some interesting characters, not once did I meet a moron. I did however, run into many, MANY situations where the engineers designed great products, and to be honest, some not so great (but decent), only to have the marketing and purchasing departments rip the guts out of good designs to either cut costs, or make something pretty vs functional, often ending up with people like us scratching our heads wondering how some things seems so...well, bad. Just sharing some personal experience.

JOzzz

Reaction score
OP, check out the FitCamX if you haven’t already. It will definitely ease some of your frustrations. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
OP, check out the FitCamX if you haven’t already. It will definitely ease some of your frustrations. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After arguing with every body that gave proper information, that they were wrong, and trying to make them look stupid, he may have disappeared.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
In Times like this I wonder if he had a RAM
I mean he says he does, but he shouldn't be touching it except for driving based upon his other posts.

This is another one of his posts where he couldn't find his oil cap that said what oil his truck takes.
This has to be really, really embarrassing for RAM. I have a 2022 MODEL YEAR RAM 1500 BIG HORN CREW CAB 4X4

No where in the Owners Manual can I find out how often to change the oil or what kind of oil to use. Does anyone know?

It's really embarrassing that you keep bashing Ram on every post you make, for no reason just to get proven incorrect. Ram isn't perfect but what you complain about is pretty reduct. Every questuon you have had is in your owners manual.
I recommend you read it before posting anything online unless you like people telling you that you are wrong and you already had the correct information in front of you.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I mean he says he does, but he shouldn't be touching it except for driving based upon his other posts.

This is another one of his posts where he couldn't find his oil cap that said what oil his truck takes.

It's really embarrassing that you keep bashing Ram on every post you make, for no reason just to get proven incorrect. Ram isn't perfect but what you complain about is pretty reduct. Every questuon you have had is in your owners manual.
I recommend you read it before posting anything online unless you like people telling you that you are wrong and you already had the correct information in front of you.
Every post he has started starts with how stupid or whatever Ram engineers and as a company they are. Yet, he's proven were the real problem lies.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it looks like OP made dash cam install difficult himself by not doing basic research beforehand and not having enough experience with wrenching vehicles.
for sure not a RAM problem.

case closed.

Users who are viewing this thread