5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DashCam Parking mode battery

2019Raven

Reaction score
For those of you who installed a DashCam I have a question. Did you install a battery for the DashCam vice hardwiring into the vehicles battery? How do you like it?
I installed (hardwired) a Blackvue DR750X-2CH Plus to take advantage of parking mode but I am thinking of getting the Power Magic Ultra Battery B-130X to conserve my truck’s battery.

TIA

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have mine wired up using fuse taps to the interior fuse panel. No battery backup, using the power magic pro set at 12 hours and I think 12.4 or 12.5v whichever is the highest and haven’t had any issues with a dead truck battery. The camera power will shut off if the battery drops below the set voltage on the power magic pro.

striperseeker

Reaction score
I used fuse taps for both ACC and Battery hook-ups. No issues. I do unplug the DR900X+ when I'm parked in the driveway for the weekend or extended periods of time. BTW, where did you install your camera? On my 2020 1500 the cowling is in the way a lot, along with that black paint that's on the windshield. It really reduces the FoV.

Last edited:

2019Raven

Reaction score
Thanks.
My front camera is attached to the windshield right below the rear view mirror. The rear camera is installed on the passenger side rear window closest to the slider opening. So far, it has been working well.

Users who are viewing this thread