5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dashcam installation - where to put the battery?

SeanPep

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just picked up a 2020 Rebel and looking to install my BlackVue dashcam. I have the battery pack which is 157 mm (W) x 171 mm (L) x 39.5 mm. Where can I hide this? My last truck I had it under the passenger seat but can't do that because of the jack. Can't go under the driver's seat because I believe that is the Amp. Any suggestions on where it can go?

Thank you,
Sean

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just picked up a 2020 Rebel and looking to install my BlackVue dashcam. I have the battery pack which is 157 mm (W) x 171 mm (L) x 39.5 mm. Where can I hide this? My last truck I had it under the passenger seat but can't do that because of the jack. Can't go under the driver's seat because I believe that is the Amp. Any suggestions on where it can go?

Thank you,
Sean
I don't have a battery pack for mine. However, if I did I would look behind the glove box to install it. The glove box is pretty easy to remove and there should be some free space back there. Also, it would be easy to run wires over to the fuse box from there.

Ricardowelch

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just picked up a 2020 Rebel and looking to install my BlackVue dashcam. I have the battery pack which is 157 mm (W) x 171 mm (L) x 39.5 mm. Where can I hide this? My last truck I had it under the passenger seat but can't do that because of the jack. Can't go under the driver's seat because I believe that is the Amp. Visit Autofthings to review 2 amp battery charger time if you concern. Any suggestions on where it can go?

Thank you,
Sean
There are four places you can hide your battery pack as under the driver’s or front passenger’s seats, areas in the trunk or in the glove box compartment. You can hide the wire along the headliner and the rest of wire under the carpet and the passenger's seat.

Users who are viewing this thread