5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dashboard gauges/screen dark after dead battery

jerseyshoreram

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I have a 2021 1500 and just got back from an extended business trip. When I returned the battery was down to 7 volts. I put the battery on a charger until it got up to 12.5 and was able to start the truck. The truck runs, the UConnect screen and climate control knobs work, but none of the gauges on the dash and the multifunction display behind the steering wheel is completely dark. Not even any backlight at night.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Could it be a fuse?

sep1006

Reaction score
There is a thread on here about dead battery issues. From what I have read it can take up to 24hrs or more for everything to come back to normal. But it does come back.

Now that being said it's ridiculous to have dead battery issues with a brand new truck. Pretty p!ss poor job on Dodge / Ram's part!!!!!!

hoodac78

Reaction score
I would take your truck to the dealership and have them check the battery. If it is faulty, they should replace it under warranty. That was my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread