5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash won’t turn off

mechanic2old

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 2020 3500. Ignition off light stays on and dash lights come on then radio then they go off. This justs keeps happening until the battery would go dead, I finally pulled fuse F49 and it quit happening. Sounds like a common problem but no solution.

JD01

Reaction score
I have/had the same issue. 2023 limited. First time it drained my battery. I did a reset on the computer. And everything seem to work. I went out there today (two weeks later) and noticed the light on the dash. Took it for a ride. Couldn’t get it to go off. Disconnected the negative terminal for about two minutes. Reattached. Problem went away. The issue now is that I don’t trust it. It’s gotta be a software issue.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have/had the same issue. 2023 limited. First time it drained my battery. I did a reset on the computer. And everything seem to work. I went out there today (two weeks later) and noticed the light on the dash. Took it for a ride. Couldn’t get it to go off. Disconnected the negative terminal for about two minutes. Reattached. Problem went away. The issue now is that I don’t trust it. It’s gotta be a software issue.
Software, failing module, poor ground connection, battery going bad, pick one.

Kunseldad

Reaction score
Has anyone checked to see if the passive entry switches are causing some of these "push to start" screens to stay on? Just a thought as my truck nears it's 7th day at the dealer during my 9 days of ownership.

JFLO31

Reaction score
I have a 2024 2500 Laramie and just started experiencing the same issues. Not even a week old, only a couple hundred miles in and noticed it this evening. When I noticed it wouldn’t turn off I disconnected the negative terminals on both batteries and waited about an hour or so. The Uconnect lights (temp, fan speed, defrost,etc), assist/sos lights, and push to start screen would turn on and off sporadically while reconnecting the batteries. Weird enough, they eventually turned off. I checked it about 15 minutes later and the usb charging port was lit up, touched the door handle and the same stuff as before lit up but then eventually turned off. Couldn’t get it to repeat with the door handles again, but was able to get it to replicate when pressing the tailgate release button. Each time it everything has turned off since disconnecting the batteries though. Will continue to monitor…

Glad to see Ram hasn’t figured this one out yet…

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2024 2500 Laramie and just started experiencing the same issues. Not even a week old, only a couple hundred miles in and noticed it this evening. When I noticed it wouldn’t turn off I disconnected the negative terminals on both batteries and waited about an hour or so. The Uconnect lights (temp, fan speed, defrost,etc), assist/sos lights, and push to start screen would turn on and off sporadically while reconnecting the batteries. Weird enough, they eventually turned off. I checked it about 15 minutes later and the usb charging port was lit up, touched the door handle and the same stuff as before lit up but then eventually turned off. Couldn’t get it to repeat with the door handles again, but was able to get it to replicate when pressing the tailgate release button. Each time it everything has turned off since disconnecting the batteries though. Will continue to monitor…

Glad to see Ram hasn’t figured this one out yet…
Got to the HD RAMs section of the forums. You will likely get more help there.

nightedition574

Reaction score
i have the same issue with the dash light going on off randomly and if the truck sits for 2 days it will have a dead battery so i keep a jumper box in the truck to start it every time this happens. i had some of the programs updated through the wiTech software. talked to a mechanic about it and he said something in the vehicle is causing the system to wake up and recommended i change out the multi function switch which is the blinker lever on the steering column. that did not work and was a pain in the *** messing with the air bag and horn. i checked the 5 ground terminals under the hood and they all showed 13 to 14 volts by using a volt meter from battery positive to ground which tell me those are good. does anyone have a map of where all the ground locations are?

Users who are viewing this thread