5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash Warning lights while towing

Gren71

Reaction score
While pulling my TT to the CAT scale the other day my dash light up...

I first got an alert that said my lane assist was off line, quickly followed by an alert that my front parking sensors were off and my 4WD was no longer working and I should contact my service department. Then lastly the check engine light came on. All three symbols were yellow and constant, not blinking.

The truck drove without a single hitch or bump or even a strange noise...no warning or reason I could think of. Other than MAYBE i was overbalanced with the WDH since I was going to the scale to test that. The truck scaled great, nice and balanced. I shut it off while I helped a friend do the same, when I came back to head home the truck started without any issues and drove normally the entire way home. We parked the camper and I let the truck sit overnight hoping the codes would clear then selves since there were no issues associated with them. When I go in the next morning all the codes cleared them selves and the truck continued to drive without any issues.

Has anyone ran into this?

2023 Ram Big Horn 3.92 with the 5.7 eTorque.
Pulling a 6,000lbs travel trailer (Keystone 250 BHS)
Using tow/haul mode with the rear park sensors disabled

At first thought I am wondering if perhaps it was a battery issues since the last two jeeps Ive had would throw random codes when the batteries were low. But the battery gauge reads normal, and has since I got it. Or perhaps it was a strange programming glitch since I left the lane assist/front park sense on. I was wondering if maybe the change in front end angle could cause an error in that system..it was also CRAZY windy that day. 🤷‍♂️

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On several occasions I have had multiple system inoperative warning lights appear on the dash for no apparent reason. Park assist, collision alert, adaptive cruse control, auto high beams and other systems. Each time, the lights went out and stayed out after restarting the truck once or twice.

This is by far the glitchiest vehicle I have ever owned and have been tempted on several occasions to just take a huge loss and trade a truck with less than 10,000 on the odometer. I've already had it to the dealer for warranty repair as many times as I had with my previous 3 Rams combined.

Within just the last few weeks, the left turn signal refuses to cancel with most left turns. I returned to my truck from a store and heard my stereo playing as I approached the truck. It had never shut down when I turned off the truck and opened the door. I started the truck, shut it back off and opened the door and it then shut down. I will probably return to the dealer for the turn signal not canceling since they will be able to duplicate that.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
While pulling my TT to the CAT scale the other day my dash light up...

I first got an alert that said my lane assist was off line, quickly followed by an alert that my front parking sensors were off and my 4WD was no longer working and I should contact my service department. Then lastly the check engine light came on. All three symbols were yellow and constant, not blinking.

The truck drove without a single hitch or bump or even a strange noise...no warning or reason I could think of. Other than MAYBE i was overbalanced with the WDH since I was going to the scale to test that. The truck scaled great, nice and balanced. I shut it off while I helped a friend do the same, when I came back to head home the truck started without any issues and drove normally the entire way home. We parked the camper and I let the truck sit overnight hoping the codes would clear then selves since there were no issues associated with them. When I go in the next morning all the codes cleared them selves and the truck continued to drive without any issues.

Has anyone ran into this?

2023 Ram Big Horn 3.92 with the 5.7 eTorque.
Pulling a 6,000lbs travel trailer (Keystone 250 BHS)
Using tow/haul mode with the rear park sensors disabled

At first thought I am wondering if perhaps it was a battery issues since the last two jeeps Ive had would throw random codes when the batteries were low. But the battery gauge reads normal, and has since I got it. Or perhaps it was a strange programming glitch since I left the lane assist/front park sense on. I was wondering if maybe the change in front end angle could cause an error in that system..it was also CRAZY windy that day. 🤷‍♂️
This is why it's a good idea to carry an OBD2 scan tool with you to check codes when they pop up. Without knowing what the codes were for, nobody can help you

Gren71

Reaction score
This is why it's a good idea to carry an OBD2 scan tool with you to check codes when they pop up. Without knowing what the codes were for, nobody can help you
I have one on order, should be here in the next couple days. Ill us my Jscan app once it gets here. Just wasnt sure if it sounded familiar to anyone.

Gren71

Reaction score
On several occasions I have had multiple system inoperative warning lights appear on the dash for no apparent reason. Park assist, collision alert, adaptive cruse control, auto high beams and other systems. Each time, the lights went out and stayed out after restarting the truck once or twice.

This is by far the glitchiest vehicle I have ever owned and have been tempted on several occasions to just take a huge loss and trade a truck with less than 10,000 on the odometer. I've already had it to the dealer for warranty repair as many times as I had with my previous 3 Rams combined.

Within just the last few weeks, the left turn signal refuses to cancel with most left turns. I returned to my truck from a store and heard my stereo playing as I approached the truck. It had never shut down when I turned off the truck and opened the door. I started the truck, shut it back off and opened the door and it then shut down. I will probably return to the dealer for the turn signal not canceling since they will be able to duplicate that.
oof well hopefully I dont start to run into all of those kind of issues. At worst so far I have a theory that the seat is possessed and randomly adjusts position ever so slightly just to F with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online