5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash Phone Mount

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
So my S22 Ultra with a case no longer fits in the OEM wireless charging "dock". I've been putting my phone in the cup holder and that doesn't work well when plugged in for Android Auto. So I'm starting to look for a dash mounted holder. Any recommendations with pictures? Just saw an ad for Bulletpoint Mounting Solutions on Facebook. Looks pretty nice..

EDIT - Also seeing Offroam and ProClip. Both seem intriguing. Kind of liking the more discreet mounting.

Last edited:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So my S22 Ultra with a case no longer fits in the OEM wireless charging "dock". I've been putting my phone in the cup holder and that doesn't work well when plugged in for Android Auto. So I'm starting to look for a dash mounted holder. Any recommendations with pictures? Just saw an ad for Bulletpoint Mounting Solutions on Facebook. Looks pretty nice..
Also take a look at Course Motorsports. After swearing CarPlay meant I didn’t need a dash mount, I got one first for the driver side, then for the passenger side.

ICS Fab makes something similar to Bulletpoint. I know at least one person here has their mount.

xcarolina

Reaction score

EDIT - Also seeing Offroam and ProClip. Both seem intriguing. Kind of liking the more discreet mounting.
Proclip. I've used the same holder on the mount since my note 20 since it's adjustable. I have the 22 ultra now in an OtterBox and fits like a champ. Mounted it on the passenger side so it's right next to the plugs.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Dustin_Tarditi

Reaction score
I've had ProClip in other vehicles - their gear is top-notch, but expensive. It also depends on if you want the display viewable/usable (and for what) or just need a place to keep your phone handy.
In my jeeps I've had great results with NIteIze steelie (just a magnet based mount system) - inexpensive, relatively unobtrusive, and held up to quite a bit of rough road and off-road bouncing around.

Right now, I just toss my phone into the tray on top of my dash - I just need it plugged in to get Android Auto, so it doesn't really matter where it is for me.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I'm using Bulletpoint mounts with ball adapters to use the iOttie Wireless Charging Phone Mounts for our S23 Ultra cased phones
BullertPoint Dual Mount-1.jpg

gearhead321

Reaction score
I installed a bulletpoint mount. Coupled with a quadlock wireless charger and got a quadlock case for my s22. Most stable holder I have ever had in a vehicle.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a ProClip mount, I purchased from a member on this site, an ibolt adapter plate w/17mm ball, and Vanva phone holder. I mounted the adaptor plate as far left as possible so not to block air vent. Holds phone steady, no vibrations.

Attachments

• Proclip Mount.jpg
    Proclip Mount.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Phone Mount.jpg
    Phone Mount.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 56

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the ICS one.
You can see it here

You DON'T have to pull dash to mount it. I pulled my head unit because I was also running wires.

bikemancs

Reaction score
I have a proclip on my 3rd gen, I installed the bulletpoint on my 5th gen... but I'm not over the hill on it. I'm planning on installing the proclip, (I bought both).

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
I have a S22, use the wireless charger and UC5 with Android Auto. I bought a Weather Tech Cup Holder phone mount for wifes S22 Ultra and easily plugs into usb when she’s along.

Users who are viewing this thread