5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash lights turning on and off

CanRebel

Reaction score
This might not be Rebel related.

This has happened to me a few times already.

I'm driving everything is fine. Driving under over pass, and dash lights turn off, 12" screen go dark. Even my phone stop charging (Blue light, then goes Red flashing)
I'm driving on 'new' highway, it's not bumpy or anything. Truck is driving fine, but no lights anymore.

Get home, I turn off the Truck, Turn it back on. Lights are back on again.
Go for drive again, down different highway. Lights turned off again.

So I started playing around with dimmer switch while I was driving. and the lights come back on.
Bring it back to dealer. They claim everything is fine. Lights didn't go off them.

Is there easy way to test this switch? Road isn't bumpy. The switch doesn't like it's moved.
But if move it down, the lights come back on. Need to find a way to get those idiots to fix it.

1630380675919.png

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The dash lights will turn "off" when the headlights come on ( ie : driving under an overpass ) if you turn the dimmer switch all the way up you shouldn't notice it anymore .

CanRebel

Reaction score
I didn't explain it well. Anyways. it finally happened when the dealer m. was test driving it.
He took a switch off another Rebel. Tested it again, seems to be working correctly now.
The switch was always at top, but all lights were turning off at random times, day or night didn't matter, not turning back
on until I turned Truck off and back on.

I don't expect it be prefect it. Just hate dealers that try to blow you off, like nothing is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread