5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash lights dim at night?

jth877

Reaction score
Is it just me or are the dash lights pretty dark when the headlights are turned on? I have the dimmer all up...

2020 Big Horn

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All the way up before it clicks to daylight mode? I have to turn mine down a bit from the brightest "night" setting as it feels like they're too bright.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Way too bright with them turned up. Like others have said I have mine 1 click before “max”.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have to dial mine down also. I can light up Times Square when it's all the way up.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I keep mine about half way although with the wipers on during the day the 12" display is really dim.
During the day, you can click it all the way up when your lights are on. You have the lights on when wipers are on set in the settings under wipers.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
During the day, you can click it all the way up when your lights are on. You have the lights on when wipers are on set in the settings under wipers.

Yeah that was what I meant earlier with the "day" and "night" settings. All the way up to where it clicks is the "day" setting where it's super bright, then anything beneath that is "night".

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Oh I know why. I'm realize I can mess with the dimmer but I just leave it alone. I would in a situation that I had to clearly see what's on the display but5i don't need to know who is playing on the radio and I can navigate without looking at the screen, too. ;)

jth877

Reaction score
I have it set right before the "click". Still seems a bit dim. If you go past the click it's way too bright.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I swear that when I first got my truck the dash was also dimming when the headlights went on. I know I ran through the settings and made some changes but I can't swear I actually did anything to change it...it doesn't happen anymore. What I *think* was happening was that I had the lights one click below 'ON' and during the day it seemed fine...but 'dimmed' when it got dark out which also coincided with the headlights turning on.

Kidder

Reaction score
Make sure you're using the dimmer for the dash and not for the ambient lighting.

Users who are viewing this thread