5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash cams?

kittyjo

Reaction score
Anybody Know of a good duel dash cam for the outside front and outside back of the truck?

ironking

Reaction score
Grdian just came out with a new setup that I’m thinking about getting called the Nova. Looks really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Viofo A129 Duo with the hardwire kit. I absolutely love this camera. It is pretty much "set it and forget it". The image quality both night and day is superb and I have had zero problems with it yet. I think it cost me about $250 for the camera and the hardwire kit; then I also bought a 128 GB memory card as well. I just saw this kicker deal on one online: https://www.walmart.com/ip/VIOFO-A1...MI2teipeOA5gIVJIVaBR3NdgEDEAQYBSABEgJ7gfD_BwE

kittyjo

Reaction score
I have a Viofo A129 Duo with the hardwire kit. I absolutely love this camera. It is pretty much "set it and forget it". The image quality both night and day is superb and I have had zero problems with it yet. I think it cost me about $250 for the camera and the hardwire kit; then I also bought a 128 GB memory card as well. I just saw this kicker deal on one online: https://www.walmart.com/ip/VIOFO-A1...MI2teipeOA5gIVJIVaBR3NdgEDEAQYBSABEgJ7gfD_BwE
Does it have a one piece for upfront and one for the back window?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does it have a one piece for upfront and one for the back window?
Yes, there are separate front and rear cameras. The front camera has all the controls and the Micro SD card in it. The rear camera is standalone; you have to run a wire from the front camera to the rear camera. I can't recommend the Viofo A129 Duo enough. I have a Vantrue T2 in my other car; but the Viofo A129 is far superior to the Vantrue. I literally spent months researching cameras and reading reviews when I bought the Viofo. In my opinion, the Viofo is the best bang for the buck. Most cameras utilize the same chipsets and video detectors, so its really a matter of choosing one that you like the form factor of and that others have had success with. I know the Blackvue is popular; but it is also quite expensive. The Viofo A129 is identical in specifications, hardware, and looks to the Street Guardian (which is one of the highest quality cameras that you can purchase). In fact, I would bet that the Viofo and Street Guardian are manufactured in the same place in China and just labeled differently.

WV Bubba

Reaction score
I had a hardwiref blacvue 900s 2ch in my GMC just moved it over to the Longhorn
1a09c1e4776c2119ec90ad4b592c7e00.jpg
db99dbe74b53bfddafd032ee5ee68220.jpg
250d89ce252c469312583334d2faeaba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been using BlackVue for years solid brand always top rated and doesn’t look stupid due to shape. Nice tight install abilities

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the rexing v1p pro dual front/rear cam and it works great. Simple user-friendly interface. The 1 issue I have is during night hours my headlights reflect off the license plate of the vehicle in front of me which makes it not readable during video playback so I record audio along with video and if i have any issues I verbally recite the plate of the car....

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have the exact same setup. Great little dash cam.
Install was pretty tedious as the cabling has some girth to it, so pushing it through trim etc is not the easiest.

Users who are viewing this thread