5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash Cam Hard wired from Overhead Console

DJWADE75

Reaction score
Hi all

Need to some help/advice. I have 2019 1500 Longhorn and tried to hardwire my red tiger F7N dash cam through the overhead console. Saw a video on youtube for similar installation in a 3500. Based on the video, the constant power wire was the pink with yellow stripe and the accessory power was the solid red. I used quick tap connectors to splice into those wires with the ground wire to the frame. I got nothing.

Camera works fine when powered directly through the accessory plugin. I can’t find anything online confirming the schematics for the wires colours.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hi all

Need to some help/advice. I have 2019 1500 Longhorn and tried to hardwire my red tiger F7N dash cam through the overhead console. Saw a video on youtube for similar installation in a 3500. Based on the video, the constant power wire was the pink with yellow stripe and the accessory power was the solid red. I used quick tap connectors to splice into those wires with the ground wire to the frame. I got nothing.

Camera works fine when powered directly through the accessory plugin. I can’t find anything online confirming the schematics for the wires colours.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
many ideas here

Users who are viewing this thread