5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dang these safety sensors. Can we not back up these RAMs with the door open to look back?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wait till you are married!
Agreed! Marriage adds another aspect to the relationship. She'll call you a dumba$$ and then cut you off for a month. But hang in there, you will eventually find the "comfy" spot on the couch so you can get a good night's sleep.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Agreed! Marriage adds another aspect to the relationship. She'll call you a dumba$$ and then cut you off for a month. But hang in there, you will eventually find the "comfy" spot on the couch so you can get a good night's sleep.
She can't cut me off, she doesn't know where I'm getting it! ;)

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found that when trying to back up with the door open, after it puts itself into park and sets the parking brake, I can hit the parking brake release twice and it will override the system and allow me to back up with the door open.

From my 2020 Big Horn owners manual.

SafeHold
SafeHold can be temporarily bypassed by
pushing the Electric Park Brake Switch while the
driver door is open. Once manually bypassed,
SafeHold will be enabled again once the vehicle
reaches 12 mph (20 km/h) or the ignition is
turned to the OFF position and back to ON
again.
WHAT!?!?!?
I had no idea that was possible either. My last Jeep had that feature too and just like here the forum had countless threads on the topic. This is the first anyone has mentioned the ability to disable it other than by fastening the seat belt.
Bravo.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
WHAT!?!?!?
I had no idea that was possible either. My last Jeep had that feature too and just like here the forum had countless threads on the topic. This is the first anyone has mentioned the ability to disable it other than by fastening the seat belt.
Bravo.
It is in the 2019 Owner's Manual also. I've read it but at 600+ pages long it is easy to miss things. Plus the seat belt has to be on which I always seemed to have off while opening the door. Live and learn.

Users who are viewing this thread