5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cylinder Misfire = New engine

SacRebel

Reaction score
On Tuesday morning I when I started my truck it was running rough. Within minutes the engine light came on so I made a beeline to the dealership. They pulled the following error codes...

P1411 - Cylinder 1 Reactivation Control Performance
P0300 - Cylinder Misfire Fault Detected Random Cylinders
P0301 - Cylinder Misfire Fault Detected
C0077-00 - Low Tire Pressure
B1A75-01 - Passive Entry Antenna 5 - General Electrical Failure
B1A75-13 - Passive Entry Antenna 5 - Circuit Open
B16B7-15 - Center Stop Lamp Control - Circuit Short To Battery Or Open

Today they opened it up and found metal shavings. They don't know what's damaged but said I need a new engine. And of course like everything in the world right now it's back-ordered. Was told to expect at least 3-weeks. BTW, only 21k miles on it.

Trying to get a loaner from the dealer for right now.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. Failure of a major component on my truck is my biggest fear right now. I hope your wait is short. How many miles are on your truck? Still covered under the power train warranty I hope.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On Tuesday morning I when I started my truck it was running rough. Within minutes the engine light came on so I made a beeline to the dealership. They pulled the following error codes...

P1411 - Cylinder 1 Reactivation Control Performance
P0300 - Cylinder Misfire Fault Detected Random Cylinders
P0301 - Cylinder Misfire Fault Detected
C0077-00 - Low Tire Pressure
B1A75-01 - Passive Entry Antenna 5 - General Electrical Failure
B1A75-13 - Passive Entry Antenna 5 - Circuit Open
B16B7-15 - Center Stop Lamp Control - Circuit Short To Battery Or Open

Today they opened it up and found metal shavings. They don't know what's damaged but said I need a new engine. And of course like everything in the world right now it's back-ordered. Was told to expect at least 3-weeks. BTW, only 21k miles on it.

Trying to get a loaner from the dealer for right now.
Only 21k miles on the truck, hopefully, just a rare low mileage occurance.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
At the end of the day it's a mass produced product so it'd be impossible to not have random failures. 21k miles is better than 61k miles imo. Glad you got it taken care of.

Users who are viewing this thread