5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutting off Resonators on 2019 Laramie Sport with Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler

Adam2019

Reaction score
Good morning all, I was wondering if anyone else has cut off their resonators on their 2019-2020 Ram with 5.7 Hemi With a performance exhaust. Mine has a Flowmaster Super 44 muffler as well as an S&B Cold Air Intake. I was wondering if cutting off the resonators would make the exhaust none deeper than it is now.

any suggestions to though ps would be appreciate! Thanks!
yeah, I love my truck......crappy gas mileage though!

saturn298

Reaction score
Good morning all, I was wondering if anyone else has cut off their resonators on their 2019-2020 Ram with 5.7 Hemi With a performance exhaust. Mine has a Flowmaster Super 44 muffler as well as an S&B Cold Air Intake. I was wondering if cutting off the resonators would make the exhaust none deeper than it is now.

are you referring to the rear resonators? That would make it a tad raspier.

I have the front resonator and muffler deleted and its perfect in my opinion. Not to loud city or hwy. Deep tone. Loud at wot.

popcenator

Reaction score
I think cutting the rear resonators off makes it deeper from the videos I've seen. Of course those are with Borla mufflers so that may have a hand in it. I would imagine though it would have the same effect with the Flowmaster.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Adam2019

Reaction score
I think cutting the rear resonators off makes it deeper from the videos I've seen. Of course those are with Borla mufflers so that may have a hand in it. I would imagine though it would have the same effect with the Flowmaster.

Wow thats is loud with the muffle r and resonator delete! Sounds great......I would be setting off alarms with that where I live. Think I’m going to go with the resonator delete.......don’t know if I want to replace the stock stainless steel tips with either 3” or 5” black tips. Thx!

popcenator

Reaction score
If you go with 5" that'll make it deeper as well. It made mine deeper when I went from the the stock tips to 5" on my 2012.

saturn298

Reaction score

Depends on the borla most are baffled with packing in them. flowmaster is just chambered. the exhaust tones wont be off the wall different but a noticeable amount.

JMEEKS

Reaction score

Hi Adam. How is the drone with the Super 44? I did a muffler delete on my 2020 last week and the drone is terrible. I am going back and forth on the Super 40 and Super 44. I added the Super 44 on my 5.3 Silverado before trading in and it also had a bad drone. Granted there were no resonators on the Chevy. Any feedback is appreciated.

BillyCrash

Reaction score
Hi Adam. How is the drone with the Super 44? I did a muffler delete on my 2020 last week and the drone is terrible. I am going back and forth on the Super 40 and Super 44. I added the Super 44 on my 5.3 Silverado before trading in and it also had a bad drone. Granted there were no resonators on the Chevy. Any feedback is appreciated.
Bumping this because I'm trying to choose now on a Flowmaster muffler. I'm keeping my resonators on so I don't get any rasping, and the muffler guy is recommending the Super 10 or the 40 series. To me that's going to be too loud and might have some droning. I'm leaning towards Super 40 now, it's thicker and supposed to be less prone to droning from what I've read. Would love to hear other's thoughts and experiences on the various Flowmaster mufflers with the setup of keeping the resonators on.

JMEEKS

Reaction score
I ended up going with the Super 44. I am very pleased with that decision. After talking with my muffler shop manager, he made me aware that because I was keeping the resonators on there would be minimal difference in 44 vs. 40. The drone is only noticeable when the MDS kicks in and it's minimal. Of course anything is better than the muffler delete I had before. Per my shop manager, "I would not recommend going with the Super 10 if drone is a concern even with resonators on."

Mike77

Reaction score
I have the Super 44 with stock resonators. I wish I got the Super 10. The 44 sounds great when I’m gunning it but at idle it’s rather tame. I’d rather not take the resonators off so I’m going to get the Super 10 this week.

Bones

Reaction score
I have the Super 44 with stock resonators. I wish I got the Super 10. The 44 sounds great when I’m gunning it but at idle it’s rather tame. I’d rather not take the resonators off so I’m going to get the Super 10 this week.
Can you post a video of your sound with the super 10 and resonators on? thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread