5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutting bumper

SouthFlo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’m trying to fit 24x14 on 33x13.5 tires in my 2.5 leveled ram. The guy at the shop told me he would have to cut 1 inch off the actual bumper itself to make them fit and turn proper.
(my other alternatives is lifting the truck or smaller wheels)

Has anyone ever slightly cut their bumper?
I want to see what it looks like before pulling the trigger. I was unable to find any photos on Google

Thanks

Nukldragger

Reaction score
Those tires are waaaay too wide, plus the wheel offset on a 24x14 wheel has to be obnoxious. It'll probably rub on the inside as well, if it doesn't it will surely hit the fender behind the tire when the suspension compresses while the wheels are turned. Sounds like it'll look like a giant roller skate. Not to mention a 13.5" tire on a 14 wide wheel is asking to curb rash the flange off of the wheel. Leave that look to the lowered civics and 90's Nissan trucks.

If you go with something a little more reasonable, say a 8.5-9" wheel on a 10.50 or 12.50 tire, it won't rub and it won't look like a roller skate. I run a 35-12.50/20 and it rubs the front wheel liner at full lock, nothing I can't clearance with a heat gun. No sheet metal rub, no curb rash.

SouthFlo

Reaction score
Those tires are waaaay too wide, plus the wheel offset on a 24x14 wheel has to be obnoxious. It'll probably rub on the inside as well, if it doesn't it will surely hit the fender behind the tire when the suspension compresses while the wheels are turned. Sounds like it'll look like a giant roller skate. Not to mention a 13.5" tire on a 14 wide wheel is asking to curb rash the flange off of the wheel. Leave that look to the lowered civics and 90's Nissan trucks.

If you go with something a little more reasonable, say a 8.5-9" wheel on a 10.50 or 12.50 tire, it won't rub and it won't look like a roller skate. I run a 35-12.50/20 and it rubs the front wheel liner at full lock, nothing I can't clearance with a heat gun. No sheet metal rub, no curb rash.
You make sense 100% , although I’ve seen that 14 wides on trucks and they look so sick. I love that menacing appearance

Still brain-storming on what I want to do but I definitely appreciate the sound input man 👍

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’m trying to fit 24x14 on 33x13.5 tires in my 2.5 leveled ram. The guy at the shop told me he would have to cut 1 inch off the actual bumper itself to make them fit and turn proper.
(my other alternatives is lifting the truck or smaller wheels)

Has anyone ever slightly cut their bumper?
I want to see what it looks like before pulling the trigger. I was unable to find any photos on Google

Thanks
Are you going for the Dumbo look? Wheels competing with tow mirrors?

17138247113589060736946599175264.jpg

Please don't. At least if you do, buy a Ford or something. Doing that leads to this.....

squat4.jpg

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Squatted trucks 🤢 lol not my style

I like that first pic tho 🔥
You really like that look? It looks like a mistake ordering the wrong wheels. I guess to each his won...

To your question of cutting, the factory bumper is junk. I hit a deer and it crumpled like a beer can. Easily cut with Sawzall, jigsaw, cut off wheel. Your issue is the front fender wells. How do you reshape/patch/add to yhe fender liner?

Nukldragger

Reaction score
Both trucks look like
Skate.jpg

Do yourself a solid and don't do that to your truck. Seriously, everybody will laugh at you including your friends, even though they'll tell you it's 🔥 to your face. It's not menacing, it's comical.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s definitely a paisa or paisano style truck. Having wheels way out like that call for all kinds of issues and man if this is your daily driver it’s gonna suck to drive and hear rolling down the road!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online