5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Customizing the emblem

DeV

Reaction score
I was thinking of blacking out the emblem and it was just too plain...so I started the customization process...was thinking of doing a few other things, but I might just stop here...what do you guys think?

Whenever I decide I'm finished, I'm planning on possibly doing a duplicolor effex and a 2k clear to seal it

Attachments

• 20211023_203127.jpg
    20211023_203127.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 271

DeV

Reaction score
Looks too much like Krampus for me.
I was worried about making it look evil...wanted a "warrior" look...

Could just redo the eyes and actually tape off the outline already there for a more natural look

DeV

Reaction score
Was also thinking about adding Kanji decals for courage and glory on the snout... thus the motto of Guts. Glory. Ram
But also thought it would be contradictory to use Japanese kanjis on American made even though it gave it a warrior look..

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went the other way with monochromatic.
I've been thinking about doing what you did for a while now. Thanks for posting the pic, it looks great!

zlman

Reaction score
I was thinking of blacking out the emblem and it was just too plain...so I started the customization process...was thinking of doing a few other things, but I might just stop here...what do you guys think?

Whenever I decide I'm finished, I'm planning on possibly doing a duplicolor effex and a 2k clear to seal it
I like it, except the eyes. If I did this, I wouldn't fill in the eyes.

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did a little experimenting with the eyes and the best thing i came up with was a little dot in the middle of the eye.
and i still didnt like it enough to keep it.

spdglez78

Reaction score

What process did you use to do this?
I plan on doing the same.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

DeV

Reaction score
What process did you use to do this?
I plan on doing the same.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
A long time of prep with painter's tape, trying to get it as close to the edges as I could and laid flat...

Then still needed to clean up some tape bleed and edges with alcohol and cue tips... just be careful because those aftermarket emblems don't take too kindly to stuff that removes paint...

Still need to figure out if I want to do the clear effex...I want the metallic flakes but I definitely don't want the rainbow sheen I've seen on some projects on YouTube...

Then a 2k clear to seal it all when it's time

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not 100% but you should be able to separate the badge and save yourself a lot of the extra taping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DeV

Reaction score
I’m not 100% but you should be able to separate the badge and save yourself a lot of the extra taping.

I thought about that...it would require breaking it away from the full-backing sheet of 3M

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still way less effort then taping. Especially with the risk of overspray or lines not coming out as sharp as you want.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I like the contrast, especially the eyes really brings them out. ive been thinking about doing something similar, did you tape it all off carefully and paint or are those decals?

Users who are viewing this thread