5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CUSTOMER PREFERRED PACKAGE 2TZ and 27Z

bt0868

Reaction score
Hi all, following the build of my new 2023 Ram 1500 Big Horn and have been able to see the equipment listing and see the 2 Customer Preferred Packages 27Z and 2TZ. I have searched the internet and can only find reference to the 27Z possibly referring to the 5.7 Hemi upgrade (not sure if correct) And I cant find anything on the 2TZ. If any of you might know what they are I would appreciate the info. If I find out when truck is delivered to dealer I will let you all know. Thanks I'm excited to pick it up says anticipated March 8, 2023

NJC#78

Reaction score
I was trying to figure out what the quick order package 27z was aswell. I can’t find out what options there is or anything for that matter.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Found this on the 27Z, haven't seen anything that actually describes what the 2T package is. Pretty sure the "z" designation is for Big Horn, as my Laramie has 27H and 2TH packages.

1710284131927.png

HemiDude

Reaction score
OP hasn't posted since
and hasn't returned since(hence his One and Only post) Building a '23 MY, why are we resurrecting this thread?

(and the one who resurrected it is a newbie on his first post).
Seems like at least three of us had nothing better to do...

But the topic did make me curious, and now that I haven't readily found an answer I'm hoping someone who actually knows will chime in.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Seems like at least three of us had nothing better to do...

But the topic did make me curious, and now that I haven't readily found an answer I'm hoping someone who actually knows will chime in.
I did chine in. They mean nothing.
They are internal codes for ordering that if you get x y and z package it just adds those words in. I think it has to do with the manufacturing process. There are also codes that start with ez, which I assumes means easy.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OP hasn't posted since
and hasn't returned since(hence his One and Only post) Building a '23 MY, why are we resurrecting this thread?

(and the one who resurrected it is a newbie on his first post).

Just report suspicious activity and let the mods handle it. There's no reason to call them out in the thread.

That said, you already spend way too much time reporting members that are legit. In this case, both the OP and "suspicious" member reported appear as legit as you do.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Seems like there are alot of newbies that come onto the forum, make 1 random post, and never return. Are those legit users?
Yes

The only gripe I have is members with like 0 post who message me fro uConnect software updates.
If you want something on the forums then you need to attempt to contribute.
maybe like 5-10 post requirement before you can DM people.
But it's not a huge deal.

Less bots here then Facebook or anywhere else, and not like you are paying them to do the work.
I take lots of things for free and pirate etc but I never complain about it, and never try to hurt any small person by doing so.

I don't pay to be on this forum but I have gotten valuable information from here, and the folks that post here to the point I could\should throw some money their way.
But instead I try and return the favor by providing valuable content to other members and things that show up on Google searches to drive site traffic. I know it's not a lot, but I don't go complaining about the admins and just try to help where I can, when i'm not debating with annoying people in other threads.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
how are you confirming the "OP" is legit? the "OP" posted on Oct 14, 22, about a 23 MY 27Z package?
User NJC#78, who just signed up on March 10, 24 appears as a new user, asking about the same subject matter.
How do you confirm they are legit? Why are we still talking about a subject from 2022 about a 23MY?
Seems like there are alot of newbies that come onto the forum, make 1 random post, and never return. Are those legit users? And some of the posts don't even make sense, like its an AI engine, or a spam bot (much like post #2)
So, I did report it, yet the thread is still open. And you feel the need to blast me in the open forum saying I have way too much time on my hands. Seems you're a bit "admin" happy today. Best thing would have to been to close the thread, and we wouldn't be having this conversation! You can just can cancel my user account for that matter, I'm tired of being slammed here.
Respectfully!

For the sake of full transparency, in addition to charm, intelligence, the patience of Jobe, and good looks to boot, mods have access to tools that help us identify spammers. It's not foolproof but is helpful.

Most of us area also able to differentiate between a poorly written/typed grammatically incorrect post vs AI.

New members are quite frequently drawn to the site after using a search engine. They aren't always well versed in forum usage and very frequently reply to the (old) zombie thread they found. What's the harm in that, particularly if it brings in new membership? The rub is when other members start openly accusing them of being a BOT or spammer, then they never return.

As said, just report any suspicious posts and let the mods handle it. There's no further commentary needed.

In the end, it's a combination of factors and I've made the determination the first and second post are not suspect enough to warrant removal of the thread.

6of36

Reaction score
Sometimes the package changes by one item, and they generate a new code. Back during the pandemic, when they had a shortage of reclining rear seats, which previously were part of the Laramie package, they changed the code for Laramies, and it didn't include those seats. They had to have them for Limiteds, so Laramies suffered.

Users who are viewing this thread