5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Subwoofer Box

Devlin

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Crew cab. I'm starting to price together and gather all the info to connect a single 12inch sub to my stock 8.4 head unit. I'm looking for a custom under seat box for the truck. I found a few companies, but was wondering if anyone has any experience with Skar Audio boxes. I'm looking at this one specifically. 2019-UP Ram 1500 (5th Gen) Crew Cab Compatible Single 12" Ported Sub Box

Also, let me know what you did for your installs. Thanks,

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Crew cab. I'm starting to price together and gather all the info to connect a single 12inch sub to my stock 8.4 head unit. I'm looking for a custom under seat box for the truck. I found a few companies, but was wondering if anyone has any experience with Skar Audio boxes. I'm looking at this one specifically. 2019-UP Ram 1500 (5th Gen) Crew Cab Compatible Single 12" Ported Sub Box

Also, let me know what you did for your installs. Thanks,
I have the Skar single 12 enclosure. Here is my post. Excellent box, zero complaints, perfect fit and finish.

Devlin

Reaction score
I have the Skar single 12 enclosure. Here is my post. Excellent box, zero complaints, perfect fit and finish.

Wow that looks great! I can't believe I didn't see that post lol. I searched everywhere to find something like this. Thank you so much!

Devlin

Reaction score

Another question for you, did you use a DSP or did you get a RCA interface for the head unit? Trying to avoid spending $300 on a interface for RCA. The amp I'm looking at has a built in DSP to tap speaker wires.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another question for you, did you use a DSP or did you get a RCA interface for the head unit? Trying to avoid spending $300 on a interface for RCA. The amp I'm looking at has a built in DSP to tap speaker wires.

I had a PAC Audio interface, AP-SUB CH41. I bought a used AP4 from the buy and sell here and am planning on adding in a JBL DSP 4086 I have sitting in storage. I don’t think the APSUB would work for your 8.4. If it did, I’d sell it to you for super cheap. It’s a perfect option for just adding in a sub to the Alpine or HK system.

Devlin

Reaction score
I had a PAC Audio interface, AP-SUB CH41. I bought a used AP4 from the buy and sell here and am planning on adding in a JBL DSP 4086 I have sitting in storage. I don’t think the APSUB would work for your 8.4. If it did, I’d sell it to you for super cheap. It’s a perfect option for just adding in a sub to the Alpine or HK system.
I was actually trying to buy one of those but they are sold out everywhere. I guess they may have stopped making them. From what I read, it will work for the 8.4. If this is the one you have AmpPRO SUB Advanced Amplifier Interface for Select Chrysler, Ram, Jeep, Dodge 2013 to 2020 - PAC I would buy it off you.

Paulie T

Reaction score
I’ve been wanting to do a custom sub box but I already know what’s going to happen. Just like a previous vehicle 2 12”s turned into a 2 seater trailblazer ss with 4 15’s walled, multiple alternators, $3k+ in mids and highs and so on.

What I wanted to do in my ram was get the rear seats made where there are basically 2 captain seats and have a single 12 ported in the middle. But yeah not doing that. Have the hk system so just going to get the skar box and relocate the sub like I seen others on here do and call it a day.

Good luck with yours!

Fbird

Reaction score
Me being new to RAM's ( 2 weeks) I too have ran crossed this box as step 1 is tint windows 2nd...fix the suk *** stereo!!! Soooo glad to know this one works. will be adding my MTX 1000.1 and a Pioneer 12" ...but @ 1.2 cu. ft...will need to plug that vent as the average 12" is looking for 1.2 cu ft. SEALED; HOWEVER, that all depends on the musical taste as to what is NEeded....

SEALED box is NEEDED to fully articulate the FEEL. ;)

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
I just sold my MTI box with 10" jl audio shallows and thinking about going DD Audio 6.5's. I'm looking at this guy in Georgia named MB enclosures. He seems to have it figured out.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
I have a JL stealthbox with TW5 10's. Its as loud as any human should need, but I still dream of doing a blowthrough at least a few times a month!

Fbird

Reaction score
sealed needs more power to = sound. KNOWN FACT. 1 quick play of "VH Hot for teacher" intro with a sealed box vs a ported will SEAL THE DEAL...lol vs something like "Tin Pan Alley by SRV" where a ported box is going to shake your doors off..... While I enjoy BOTH ;) VH falls in MY easy listening category hence i'm a bit more THRASH high speed hitting.

Fbird

Reaction score
Modifications to SKAR box will be similar to this

NOTE: the square on the top of the box....to allow more mounting depth for the speaker. It will push up under the seat in the middle where there is NO seat frame. This allows for my pioneer speaker. Then plug the port and probably ADD some wood inside to reduce interior volume.

Bigred7181

Reaction score
I went with the stealthbox with the 2 -12” and connected to a hertz HCP 4DK with a DSR1 taking things over. Honestly it looks great tucked away and is plenty loud enough for me. I had the Alpine system and removed everything. 6.5” Hertz Mille Legends in the front doors infinity 3.5” in the dash, infinity 6x9 in the rear doors and Hertz 3” mille pro in the headliner. Alpine PDX M6 for the doors and a little NVX for the headliner and dash.

Users who are viewing this thread