5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom grille

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d like to do this but I have the front camera. I would really like to get rid of the Ram emblem on the grill. Might look strange with just the camera right in the middle by itself, if it could even be done.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s really hard to get pics to show the detail on the grille for sure!

I go back and forth on the letters and lighting. The company I got the metal from also makes custom lettering and designs that look pretty sweet, but I really like the clean and simple look with how it is now.

Tried to get some better pics of the details, but I’m no professional photographer lol

If it were my truck, I’d leave it as is. No need to clutter it up. It looks very clean the way it is. That’s just my opinion though. When it comes to vehicles, you do you and don’t worry about what other people think.

choo_31

Reaction score
I’d like to do this but I have the front camera. I would really like to get rid of the Ram emblem on the grill. Might look strange with just the camera right in the middle by itself, if it could even be done.
I’ve looked a little at the cameras on the front, and I agree it’s going to look out of place since you can see through the grille. I’m fairly certain you could come up with a way to mount the camera to the mesh, but you would see the entire camera unit and would stand out, in my opinion.

choo_31

Reaction score
If it were my truck, I’d leave it as is. No need to clutter it up. It looks very clean the way it is. That’s just my opinion though. When it comes to vehicles, you do you and don’t worry about what other people think.
Agreed…I like the look and not going to add letters to it. It’s clean and simple, which is what I was going for.

My next attempt is to try and make the bottom grille match and maybe throw a light bar behind it. Getting tricky with the sensor mounts and making those look clean behind the lower grille.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Some of you may be interested in this, but the guy that owns custom car grilles was super helpful when talking to him about making the grille. He’s designed a pre-cut piece that will now for the Ram grilles for 2019+ making this install even easier with cutting the mesh the exact size needed.

Check out the link here:

He also has a really nice walk through video of the install process.

I have no affiliation with Matt from custom car grilles, just a really cool guy to work with and this takes out the most time consuming part of this install!
Nice! Although since you were the first one & the truck that hes using to advertise his product I feel like he should definitely sponsor you! Reimburse you for the materials you bought from him and then give you a code that way anyone who buys it using your code you get 10-20% of the cost. That’s what a lot of sponsors do & I feel like that’s fair

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve looked a little at the cameras on the front, and I agree it’s going to look out of place since you can see through the grille. I’m fairly certain you could come up with a way to mount the camera to the mesh, but you would see the entire camera unit and would stand out, in my opinion.

Agreed. If doing the camera, I think you’d have to put the logo and camera on the mesh. I don’t think that would be near as clean looking though.

Users who are viewing this thread