5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curt 40047 Rocker ball

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tow my boat with mechanical/hydraulic brakes often and only "issue" I have is when after a braking stop when disengaging the trailer brakes I get a pretty good jolt/impact from the back. I know it's normal, just looking to soften the blow so to speak. I know they offer a cushion hitch system as well, but it's around 300-400 dollars. Just looking to see if anyone has any experience they can share with using the Curt Rockerball and if it would help/alleviate this phenomenon on the cheap... TIA.
71ab20nSJWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would be curious also if this would work because the hydraulic brake popping back out especially with the eTorque is a significant jolt and I am worried the pin will get bent. My boat requires the 2 5/16 ball with 10K limit due to my boat and trailer right around 9,300-9,600 Lbs depending on gear and tanks levels.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whew, that's a healthy girl! I don't know if they offer in 2-5/16, check it out. I'm only in the 3k range, and this 2" is rated at 7,500, so I'm good there. I went ahead and ordered it, can't be worse and I'll let you know how it works out for me. I was hoping someone had one already to give real-world experience & opinion.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It has a fitting in the center of the shank, took about 3 pumps from a grease gun to have it oozing out. Wiped the excess and installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread