5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current software version?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know what the latest software version is for 8.4 non-nav uconnect 4?

Is this the correct screen for checking?
PXL_20240115_161349970.jpg

jman307

Reaction score

View attachment 174611
I’m in the same boat so I cannot help you. But I would like to know how did you get to the screen you pictured? I cannot find System Info anywhere.

jman307

Reaction score

View attachment 174611
Just got off the phone with Uconnect because I have the same 11.46.1 that you have. They are calling me back because they say it doesn’t exist so maybe mine and yours was never updated at e dealer prior to purchase? I had to talk to a supervisor at Uconnect to get anywhere fyi

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Uconnect because I have the same 11.46.1 that you have. They are calling me back because they say it doesn’t exist so maybe mine and yours was never updated at e dealer prior to purchase? I had to talk to a supervisor at Uconnect to get anywhere fyi
Interesting....I guess they showed you how to get to the software screen. What did they recommend for the latest software update? Can it be done from home or does the dealership need to update it?

jman307

Reaction score
Interesting....I guess they showed you how to get to the software screen. What did they recommend for the latest software update? Can it be done from home or does the dealership need to update it?
Personally I would call Uconnect cs and tell them your issue. They are telling me to take it to a dealer because only they can update. I’m not paying for am update that should have been done if that is the case. Talk to a supervisor. I also started a claim with Ramcare to tell them the same issues. Not only is my software very outdated but all 4 of my door speakers don’t work. And the more I think about it I don’t think that the door speakers have ever worked. See attachment to go to your systems info page for Uconnect info.

Attachments

• IMG_9396.png
    IMG_9396.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 12

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally I would call Uconnect cs and tell them your issue. They are telling me to take it to a dealer because only they can update. I’m not paying for am update that should have been done if that is the case. Talk to a supervisor. I also started a claim with Ramcare to tell them the same issues. Not only is my software very outdated but all 4 of my door speakers don’t work. And the more I think about it I don’t think that the door speakers have ever worked. See attachment to go to your systems info page for Uconnect info.
Geeze, you have bigger issues. Thank you for the information, I will reach out to Uconnect. I'm with you, i really don't want to pay a few hundred dollars to the stealership for a 5 minute update.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And Uconnect cs told me that the latest software version should be 18.48.34
Contacted Uconnect and they also told me the current software is 18.48.34 and to contact my dealership for the update.
I called my dealerships and was told that over the air uconnect software updates are only good for 3yrs 36k miles 🙄. Long story short my dealership charges $169 for a software update. What a crock of s---

jman307

Reaction score
Contacted Uconnect and they also told me the current software is 18.48.34 and to contact my dealership for the update.
I called my dealerships and was told that over the air uconnect software updates are only good for 3yrs 36k miles 🙄. Long story short my dealership charges $169 for a software update. What a crock of s---
The Uconnect folks pulled the same and said go to the dealer however what is still unknown is the 11.46.1 software version. Uconnect told me that they couldn’t confirm that version is even legit so waiting on a call back. If it turns out the factory or dealer didn’t install correct software before picking up my vehicle that is the angle I will use to work on getting updated free. Also, can you confirm that all of your doors’ 6x9 speakers are working please. I physically walked around each of my doors with my ear up to the grills and nothing, no matter what audio output or input mode. All dash and rear headliner speakers work fine. If you can let me know the status of your door speakers and if they are working, I can somewhat eliminate the 11.46.1 software isn’t causing my speakers to not work. Thanks!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Uconnect folks pulled the same and said go to the dealer however what is still unknown is the 11.46.1 software version. Uconnect told me that they couldn’t confirm that version is even legit so waiting on a call back. If it turns out the factory or dealer didn’t install correct software before picking up my vehicle that is the angle I will use to work on getting updated free. Also, can you confirm that all of your doors’ 6x9 speakers are working please. I physically walked around each of my doors with my ear up to the grills and nothing, no matter what audio output or input mode. All dash and rear headliner speakers work fine. If you can let me know the status of your door speakers and if they are working, I can somewhat eliminate the 11.46.1 software isn’t causing my speakers to not work. Thanks!
I confirmed my door speakers are working just fine. Sounds like you might have something else going on there. I'm going to see if my dealership will work with me for a one time good faith update.....we shall see.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's not going to be a problem of incorrect software loaded at factory as there have been multiple revisions since your truck was built.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not going to be a problem of incorrect software loaded at factory as there have been multiple revisions since your truck was built.
I think what he is saying is why did we not get any over the air software updates since purchase. I'm not sure how old the 11.46.1 software is but surely it is way behind the current 18.48.34 software and now we have to pay for current software per Uconnect support. When I talked to Uconnect support and asked why I didn't receive over the air updates he told me that some trucks receive them and some don't. This is an unacceptable answer to me.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think what he is saying is why did we not get any over the air software updates since purchase. I'm not sure how old the 11.46.1 software is but surely it is way behind the current 18.48.34 software and now we have to pay for current software per Uconnect support. When I talked to Uconnect support and asked why I didn't receive over the air updates he told me that some trucks receive them and some don't. This is an unacceptable answer to me.
I've never gotten an OTA update. Updated mine myself using update files posted here. Nothing to be upset about. If you aren't experiencing any issues, there is no need for an update

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
He specifically said if the dealer or factory didn't install the right software before he picked it up

k. If it turns out the factory or dealer didn’t install correct software before picking up my vehicle that is the angle I will use to work on getting updated free.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never gotten an OTA update. Updated mine myself using update files posted here. Nothing to be upset about. If you aren't experiencing any issues, there is no need for an update
How do you update yourself? USB drive? My understanding from doing a little online research is that updates can help with shift points, fuel economy, emissions etc......

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He specifically said if the dealer or factory didn't install the right software before he picked it up
Can't argue with a quote....I just don't believe the BS Uconnect support feeds me. If I can update the software myself then I am happy to do so. Paying the stealership for updates is frustrating to say the least.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How do you update yourself? USB drive? My understanding from doing a little online research is that updates can help with shift points, fuel economy, emissions etc......
Radio updates won't do anything for shift points, or fuel economy

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
USB drive and the update files. There is a thread about radio update files. Ask in there and someone may give you a link. But Stellantiyhas tries to crack down on sharing the files, so most of the kinks in that thread don't have the files anymore

Users who are viewing this thread