5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current MPG on 2025 i6 3.0 s/o models???

motomarc

Reaction score
almost 1000 miles on it now about to put the 3rd tank of gas in.
I am avg 17.9 in town mainly with some hwy.
on hwy seeing over 22 avg on the dash constantly or better on flat surfaces.
when I take a trip I am sure it will hit 23mpg on the hwy avg with the bed cover on.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
when I take a trip I am sure it will hit 23mpg on the hwy avg with the bed cover on.

What is the trim model of your truck?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds about the same as my hemi. Good thing they scrapped the v8 to save the planet

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Sounds about the same as my hemi. Good thing they scrapped the v8 to save the planet

The Hurricane is an emission compliance engine, essentially 50% less emissions than the Hemi. The mpg even by the window sticker comparison is about the same.

But you do get more hp & torque for essentially the same fuel economy, you just won't notice it in either payload or towing, since both are lower than before. But about 1 second faster 0-60, so there's that I guess.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score

The bed cover isn't going to help your MPG's.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m about the same on my 25. And they are right bed cover didn’t do any changes to mpg. I bought it as I don’t like for the bed to keep it clean and for when I’m traveling.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
The Hurricane is an emission compliance engine, essentially 50% less emissions than the Hemi. The mpg even by the window sticker comparison is about the same.

But you do get more hp & torque for essentially the same fuel economy, you just won't notice it in either payload or towing, since both are lower than before. But about 1 second faster 0-60, so there's that I guess.
Gotcha, but still think they should have made a v8 that has 50% less emissions instead.

MT755

Reaction score
Gotcha, but still think they should have made a v8 that has 50% less emissions instead.
Especially with the invention of the variable duration cam shaft. Lower emissions, better fuel economy, and more power.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did a 475 mile road trip and the computer said 25.5 mpg. Hand Calculated was 24 mpg, still pretty good as I had sever sections of stop and go traffic.

View attachment 186085
That's pretty amazing! I found out that keeping it below 74mpg is where it gets some pretty good mpg's. 74-83 it dips below 19 and 84 and above I was seeing 20-21.

SD Rebel

Reaction score

100% agree.

GM and Ford have invested to make sure that still happens, heck GMs next gen small block comes out in 2028! Even Ecoboost Ford still knew the 5.0L had to stay in the lastest gen Mustang.

But apparently our Stellantis overlords have decided that's not needed for their "Muscle Car & V8" brands.

I think they're going to find out in a couple years that that was a mistake.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's pretty amazing! I found out that keeping it below 74mpg is where it gets some pretty good mpg's. 74-83 it dips below 19 and 84 and above I was seeing 20-21.
yea, I tried to keep it at 73 MPH on the trip up and was able to achieve that. On the way home I was driving closer to 80 MPH and had a lot of wind so it was 20-21 mpg

Users who are viewing this thread