5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cruise control on Rebel

Lize

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused, maybe someone can clear it up for me please.

Have ordered Rebel with level 2 and 12" - see signature. I had been thinking that it wouldn't have cruise control as I can't see "speed control" listed in either standard or package options on the website and thought that the only choice was the "adaptive cruise control" as part of the advanced safety group which is not available on the Rebel.

When I look at photos of the interior on the internet they all seem to have the cruise control buttons on the left of the steering wheel but without the extra adaptive part.

It would certainly be a bonus having cruise and I'm contemplating the Edge Pulsar which adjusts using the cruise buttons.

Thanks.

Lize

Reaction score
Thanks, yes I understand that. I can't see any mention of speed control on the configurator but then it seems its known for not necessarily being up to date as regards options. Have found a posting of another persons recent build sheet and it was listed in standard equipment, so think it will be fitted? I'll have a further read about Pulsar if so, didn't want to waste time and start wanting one if it then turned out to be unsuitable.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No worries, standard cruise control will be there.

On a side note... this is another small cool thing that Mopar does differently. Standard cruise is on all trucks, yes, but even if you order adaptive cruise... the standard cruise is still there, giving you the ability use either of them.

Lize

Reaction score
No worries, standard cruise control will be there.

On a side note... this is another small cool thing that Mopar does differently. Standard cruise is on all trucks, yes, but even if you order adaptive cruise... the standard cruise is still there, giving you the ability use either of them.

Excellent thanks. Not ventured into Mopar before, so didn't realise that.

Specifying the Rebel has been a great experience, when I bought the HSV I could only choose colour, stick or auto and 2 choices of wheels, so this time there has been plenty to think about and it makes it more exciting. It'll be a very long wait though!

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The wait seems to be getting longer. I thought someone said dealers are saying 8 to 12 weeks now for an ordered truck? Not long ago they were saying 6 to 8 weeks.

Lize

Reaction score
I’m in the UK so I’ve only been able to look at a Limited and the internet, hence me asking the dumb question about the cruise.

I’ve no idea on timescale yet, I’m hoping for May or June as once they’ve made it there’s a bit longer for shipping and then it has to have government tests before it can be registered and used.

It’s strange, I’ve had a few imported cars with long waits and this is the most exciting one! The Australian HSV was the longest wait, ordered in March and didn’t arrive until November.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HSV... neat! Surely the UK spec trucks are not so different as to remove standard cruise control (?). Will it remain left-hand drive?

Lize

Reaction score
HSV... neat! Surely the UK spec trucks are not so different as to remove standard cruise control (?). Will it remain left-hand drive?
The HSV is lovely and quick but its really a 2 seat car with a big boot. I bought it mainly because it has the LSA supercharger V8 before they stopped making them. I was always surprised they didn't make them in the states as an El Camino.

Definitely remain LHD, my F150 was easy to drive in the UK with it being high up, visibility not a problem. I'm never too sure about the muscle cars though, my dealer has a lovely Charger Hellcat for sale at the moment but I'm not sure I'd be as confident in overtaking on narrow country lanes and hence wouldn't get the best out it it.

Pickups in the UK tend to be rubbish, they are small and have underpowered diesel engines so I never consider them, we can only get things like Nissan Navara if you have those? Don't get me wrong they certainly do their intended job but I just think completely unexciting. Things like cruise control has been an optional extra on a lot of cars but may well be more common place as standard now as I haven't properly looked at UK cars in quite a few years. I think it would still be mentioned on the manufacturers websites as a sales point though.

Also, I think your trucks are not only far superior but are also excellent value for money, on straight $ to £ comparison a Rebel would work out about the same as a Nissan Navara with similar interior equipment. They however become more expensive to buy as we have to pay 10% import tax on purchase price and shipping costs and then 20% tax on top of all that. And yes, I mean a tax on a tax!

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh it was one of THOSE HSV's. Very cool. In America "retro" has been in vogue for quite some time now... beginning, I think, with the re-styled Mustang having design cues from the 1960's. Followed by re-emergence of the modern day Dodge Challenger and Chevy Camaro, also with cues from the 1960's. I agree Chevy may have done better by bringing this to market as a reborn El Camino instead of giving us the SSR.

However, GM tried to give us a re-born Pontiac GTO, which was an imported Australian market Holden Monaro, and that didn't do well. So I wonder if they were gun shy.

The Nissan Navaro is called the Nissan Frontier in the States. Funny how names work. Why not call it "truck #3" worldwide? :geek:

2019-02-02 18_42_46-Window.png

Chevy SSR:
2019-02-02 18_42_13-Window.png

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Btw on Ramtrucks.com, if you go to the very last drop-down menu, to the very last feature item, to the very last bullet... you'll see "speed control".

2019-02-02 19_07_55-Window.png

Lize

Reaction score
I see Speed Control now, don't think I was looking hard enough in "interior features".

I like a lot of the retro cars but the SSR doesn't appeal! I'm not too sure about the latest Mustang either, looks a bit European to me, you can buy them here but you don't see many UK ones. I live near USAF air bases and mostly the ones you do see are the LHD cars the airmen bring with them. The only 2019 Ram I've seen on the road is a Limited which belongs to another UK resident but I'm sure more will make their way over as postings change.

My HSV is Jungle Green, the bed is really great for my work tools and various materials etc, about 6' long although not as deep as on a full size. I wouldn't have chosen the lifting hard tonneau but its really part of the design and came with that, I have run with it open to accommodate taller items on odd occasions. Really looking forward to the Ramboxes to help organise stuff which I carry all the time and hope it will encourage a bit of discipline in taking stuff out of the bed rather than leaving loads of unnecessary stuff and rubbish in a jumbled mess!

IMG_7602.jpeg

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ha! Me too... not a fan of the SSR.

I hope your truck arrives soon and does well. I'd love to see pics of your Ram in the Old Country :)

Users who are viewing this thread