5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cruise control/ESC active. ACC Unavailable service required ACC unavailable

Krash57

Reaction score
Went to the dealer. 2020 ram 3500 6.7. Had error like so many others on this subject. Dealership states needs a new camera. Priced 1950.00. Problem was intermittent when truck had around 34000 miles. Informed dealer about problem with pictures of dash warning lights at that time. Truck now has 37700 miles and light is now on permanent. they are telling me warranty will not cover WTF. On another note does this truck have a steering angle sensor built into the clock spring on the steering column? All of these items are tied into the drive train monitoring system. They should be covered because the drive train is directly affected. The drive train has a 5year 100,000 mile warranty. This is a direct safety hazard and I may follow up with the NHTA. Any help on the steering angle sensor would be appreciated. Thanks.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the steering wheel sensor, but a new DASM doesn't cost that much. I added ACC to my truck for less than what they are quoting you.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Went to the dealer. 2020 ram 3500 6.7. Had error like so many others on this subject. Dealership states needs a new camera. Priced 1950.00. Problem was intermittent when truck had around 34000 miles. Informed dealer about problem with pictures of dash warning lights at that time. Truck now has 37700 miles and light is now on permanent. they are telling me warranty will not cover WTF. On another note does this truck have a steering angle sensor built into the clock spring on the steering column? All of these items are tied into the drive train monitoring system. They should be covered because the drive train is directly affected. The drive train has a 5year 100,000 mile warranty. This is a direct safety hazard and I may follow up with the NHTA. Any help on the steering angle sensor would be appreciated. Thanks.
If there was a note while still under warranty, I would contact Ram Cares. It's a 3500, so different system than the 1500 DTs this forum is for. Drive train warranty covers engine, transmission, transfer case, and axles, not electronics. NHTSA isn't going to say anything, because these are not mandated safety items, they are options.

Krash57

Reaction score
If there was a note while still under warranty, I would contact Ram Cares. It's a 3500, so different system than the 1500 DTs this forum is for. Drive train warranty covers engine, transmission, transfer case, and axles, not electronics. NHTSA isn't going to say anything, because these are not mandated safety items, they are options.
Then where is the 3500 fifth generation forum section

Users who are viewing this thread