5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cruise Control Controls

rdtompki

Reaction score
Does anyone else think the controls could be improved. When I'm in regular cruise control I'd like to be able to switch to adaptive by pushing the adaptive cruise on/off, but instead doing so takes the system out of cruise control all together. I would expect when in adaptive mode the regular on/off would drop to regular mode or as currently designed, but when the system is in regular mode the adaptive on/off should only toggle between regular and adaptive.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Does anyone else think the controls could be improved. When I'm in regular cruise control I'd like to be able to switch to adaptive by pushing the adaptive cruise on/off, but instead doing so takes the system out of cruise control all together. I would expect when in adaptive mode the regular on/off would drop to regular mode or as currently designed, but when the system is in regular mode the adaptive on/off should only toggle between regular and adaptive.
Not really, but I never use reg CC. Adaptive only.
Curious, why would you not use ACC?

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not really, but I never use reg CC. Adaptive only.
Curious, why would you not use ACC?

My answer to this is that my driving style is more of letting off the pedal to slow down versus hitting the brakes. I find that using the ACC in traffic that contains a lot of asshats results in a lot of people cutting in front of you resulting in lots of brake pad use and go pedal use to catch up.

I find myself turning it off and going back to manual driving to keep the asshats at bay. Maybe I have too much road rage. :)

Users who are viewing this thread